Pub Crawl

LCRCLW

I will be on a cruise in a few months and one of our ports of call is San Juan. I am going with a large group and we are hoping to do a pub crawl in San Juan. I have found a couple places along Calle Fortaleza, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for places that should not be missed. We are in port from 11am-4pm. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

To note- the little tourist maps and brochures usually have 2 for 1 coupons for various bars.

Some places that may be of interest:

Punta De Vista- usually has a coupon, on trolley route, good view of ships, flat level walk.

El Patio de Sam- 2 for one coupon, Calle San Sebastian, friendly bartenders, very good blender drinks.

El Batey- Calle del Cristo across from El Convento, classic traditonal dive bar, with dive bar prices, atmosphere, jukebox. Don't order your fancy schmancy mixed drinks here. Beers. Straight shots.

Barrachina- Calle Fortaleza . Because you have to get to one of the 2 places that claims to be the originator of the Pina Colada.

There are lots of places that are aimed at tourists (Senor Frogs etc), and more that you may find the coupons for. Get the little maps and wander around. It's compact, but with just a 4 hours in port it's hard to say how many places you can visit.

There are a whole bunch of pubs littered all over OSJ. Some less known than others but fun still. Calle San Sebestian (this is near El Morro fort) has the highest concentration of pubs with different atmospheres as well. You might as well walk and ask around for the others. You will enjoy the scenery (OSJ is a different place at night!!) and get to discover pubs of all sizes and fun levels.

I will be on a cruise in a few months and one of our ports of call is San Juan. I am going with a large group and we are hoping to do a pub crawl in San Juan. I have found a couple places along Calle Fortaleza, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for places that should not be missed. We are in port from 11am-4pm. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Punto de Vista does 2 for 1 mojitos all the time.

Mojitos at Carlis are out of this world!!