Cell Phone Reception

rjf32

We are doing a 4 night cruise (Nassau, Castaway Cay, Day at Sea) in a couple of weeks and I am wondering if I will be able to get cell phone reception at all while we are out? If I get an international plan will that help at all? In a way I hope I don't get reception just to stay free from all distractions but it would be good to let the boss man know what to expect.

There is a cell repeater, but the charge is around $2.49 per minute and $.50 per text, data equally insane. Some carriers plans offer a small discount but not much.

I keep my phone in airplane mode at sea, and use a wi-fi tablet to check email if needed via purchased internet packages. If the boss needs me, they send and email and I call em back when I can and expense it.

We are doing a 4 night cruise (Nassau, Castaway Cay, Day at Sea) in a couple of weeks and I am wondering if I will be able to get cell phone reception at all while we are out? If I get an international plan will that help at all? In a way I hope I don't get reception just to stay free from all distractions but it would be good to let the boss man know what to expect.

The above rates are correct for cellular at sea. Since you will not be visiting US ports, your carrier may offer an international data plan that you could use on Nassau day...but why?

We go on "cell silence" for the trip. There are internet cafes where you can check in on Nassau day if you need to. Some internet cafes also rent international cell phones.