Ft. Lauderdale restaurants

xyankee

We will be staying at the Hampton Inn on SW 12th Ave. in Ft. Lauderdale the night before our ship departs and would greatly appreciate it if anyone had suggestions on a good seafood restaurant close to the hotel. Thanks in advance.

We will be staying at the Hampton Inn on SW 12th Ave. in Ft. Lauderdale the night before our ship departs and would greatly appreciate it if anyone had suggestions on a good seafood restaurant close to the hotel. Thanks in advance.

Rendezvous is about a 5-minute cab ride away. Rustic Inn is a bit further away, but is popular and highly recommended, especially if you like crab.

http://www.therendezvousbarandgrill.com/

http://www.rusticinn.com/

Thank you.

If you're staying at Embassy Suites and want seafood, my suggestion would be to try Southport Raw Bar. They have GREAT food (not just raw selections) and it's only about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It doesn't look like much from the street but ask for an outside table next to the water. You won't be disappointed. My wife and I were just there a few months ago and we love it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If you're staying at Embassy Suites and want seafood, my suggestion would be to try Southport Raw Bar. They have GREAT food (not just raw selections) and it's only about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It doesn't look like much from the street but ask for an outside table next to the water. You won't be disappointed. My wife and I were just there a few months ago and we love it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sounds great. Thanks so much. We will have to try that. I love to sit outside as well -

We've been to The Rustic Inn several times and the food is great and the décor is a charming eclectic fishing/seafood theme. However...there is a tradition that when the wait staff announces a birthday, everyone bangs rapidly on the tables with their crab hammer. A hoot the first couple of times but gets old fast when you are trying to talk. Seems like everyone there is celebrating their birthday! Try to get seated on the outdoor dock that overlooks the river . You will have a great experience. Get the cabbies card. They will come back for you. Enjoy!! PS There always is a coupon in the little Ft Lauderdale guide in the lobby.