Breeze 4D Theater broken still?

sml3

I read within the last couple of weeks a review where the theater was not operating. I can't find it again and I don't know when that person sailed. Can anyone tell me if the theater is back up and running?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

sml3 - your cruise history is a little reflective of mine. I sailed mostly with RCCL and considered myself a loyal royal, however this year I am sailing 4 times on carnival. What made you "jump ship" :o and are you happy with your decision? Any main differences?

It'[s been a while since I was on Carnival for any length of time, but will be going in 2 months.

Just curious, if you wanna share :)

Amy

Yes the Theatre was in operation the entire time on the 8 day cruise last week. We saw all 8 movies at least once and saw several multiple times.

One thing I noticed was that the seat sections (they are in groups of 4) all seemed to work a little differently. Such as some would move a little smoother or some would spray less water. Things like that.

Advice would be to go early in the cruise. The first few days my family would have the entire theatre to our selves sometimes but the last two sea days the theatre was often full for each viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It broke down again on my cruise. We had purchased the unlimited package and saw one movie on the first day. It broke down the second day. They flew someone in to fix it and it was fixed the last day. Because we didn't want to spend the entire last sea day trying to view all of the rest of the movies (which they then played all day) we were able to get our money back from guest services/entertainment staff.

sml3 - your cruise history is a little reflective of mine. I sailed mostly with RCCL and considered myself a loyal royal, however this year I am sailing 4 times on carnival. What made you "jump ship" :o and are you happy with your decision? Any main differences?

It'[s been a while since I was on Carnival for any length of time, but will be going in 2 months.

Just curious, if you wanna share :)

Amy

Hi Amy,

We "jumped ship" mainly because I wanted to try the Breeze as it was something different from RCI. I liked the ship overall. Different eating venues and it was fun exploring the different ship layout. It was a clean and nice ship. Our cabin was spacious and nice. However, I did not like the balcony overlooking deck 5. I'd prefer to look straight down into water. And the entertainment just wasn't up to the same standards as RCI. Also the buffet does not even come close to any RCI ship I've ever been on. RCI has stations so you don't have to wait in line for every little thing you are interested in and the selection was better. Carnival's dining staff was good as was the food. I think the dining room portions are bigger on Carnival (I know their menu is changing but Breeze had the old menu). Overall I enjoyed our cruise but I do think next time we will go back to RCI or maybe Celebrity. Not saying I'd never sail Carnival again but it's not a line I would pick as my first choice.

Enjoy your future cruises!

Thanks, sml3! I appreciate your candidness!

I am cruising carnival this year becuase they gave me 2 free cruises. The other two (B2B on Breeze) were by choice, and for the same reasons as you. I am sure we will have a good time no matter what, just wondering how they stack up from someone with mainly RCCL experience like me. I was having a hard time justifying $6500 for three of us on the Quantum in December in a balcony (11 nights). Instead I got 14 nights on Breeze for $4300, so I am feeling better about the deal. And I think the slides, 5D theater and ropes course will hold my kids interest. Not saying my move is permanent, but I am feeling better about the decision - THANK YOU!!

And happy sailing to you :)

Hi Amy,

We "jumped ship" mainly because I wanted to try the Breeze as it was something different from RCI. I liked the ship overall. Different eating venues and it was fun exploring the different ship layout. It was a clean and nice ship. Our cabin was spacious and nice. However, I did not like the balcony overlooking deck 5. I'd prefer to look straight down into water. And the entertainment just wasn't up to the same standards as RCI. Also the buffet does not even come close to any RCI ship I've ever been on. RCI has stations so you don't have to wait in line for every little thing you are interested in and the selection was better. Carnival's dining staff was good as was the food. I think the dining room portions are bigger on Carnival (I know their menu is changing but Breeze had the old menu). Overall I enjoyed our cruise but I do think next time we will go back to RCI or maybe Celebrity. Not saying I'd never sail Carnival again but it's not a line I would pick as my first choice.

Enjoy your future cruises!

I just got off the Breeze and I am not sure why people are complaining about the lines. They weren't bad at all. And the Thrill Theatre worked all last week with no issues.

You didn't have a line for the Mongolian Wok either?? That's just amazing! Buffet lines for me were long and slow. Even if you just wanted one item you had to wait in line because it's cafeteria style instead of stations (except for dessert). Burgers, burritos and tacos were quick and easy. Pizza-never had it because there was always a line and none ever available any time I tried.

Unlimited 5D is $14.95/person or one show is $7.95. We did enjoy the one show we were able to see before it broke.