Question regarding Cheers

PSkinner

So can you purchase cheers on day one? For some reason I thought that it could not be purchased day one; maybe just while in port?

Only ships sailing from Texas have the second day restriction. On the rest you can buy the first or second day.

ETA - too slow, I was googling to double check where it was.

Edited by 1kaper

When you purchase Cheers while in port (such as my recent experience in Tampa and Miami), you will get charged sales tax on the total as appropriate to that port. Also, any drinks you purchase with "Cheers" while in port will also have the applicable sales tax added in (not covered by Cheers). This is true for any drink you purchase in a US port- whether part of Cheers or not. Once in international waters, no more tax.

So will we be charged for every day or just day 2-on? We are wanting to try this on our 5 day cruise leaving from Galveston so day 2-4 only? If we can;t purchase day 1 and debarkation day doesn't count so we would only pay for 4 days?

When you purchase Cheers while in port (such as my recent experience in Tampa and Miami), you will get charged sales tax on the total as appropriate to that port. Also, any drinks you purchase with "Cheers" while in port will also have the applicable sales tax added in (not covered by Cheers). This is true for any drink you purchase in a US port- whether part of Cheers or not. Once in international waters, no more tax.

I would love to see your account charges that shows this. Especially since Miami and Tampa are in Florida an taxes are not charges on the total.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would love to see your account charges that shows this. Especially since Miami and Tampa are in Florida an taxes are not charges on the total.

I could be not remembering properly if it was included in the Cheers total price - will have to check more carefully next time. However, tax is most definitely included on the drinks I purchased with Cheers while we were still at the Tampa port. When we were on the Breeze, I remember looking at our Sail and Sign account the first night in the room (not an option on Paradise) and I saw the strange small amounts that were the tax. And receipts I had to sign showed the tax.

I could be not remembering properly if it was included in the Cheers total price - will have to check more carefully next time. However, tax is most definitely included on the drinks I purchased with Cheers while we were still at the Tampa port. When we were on the Breeze, I remember looking at our Sail and Sign account the first night in the room (not an option on Paradise) and I saw the strange small amounts that were the tax. And receipts I had to sign showed the tax.

Yes yes - the individual drinks. Not the whole pkg. The gratuity is for the package though.

I thought you could buy the package on a per day basis but after reading the the program rules thats not the case. I'm not sure now if I will purchase it. I dont see using it on days in port. I'll have to think about it for awhile. I'm sure between the wife and we could run up a 300 to 400 bar bill depending on the weather. I can drink 15 beers in a day easy and she can down a few herself.

I thought you could buy the package on a per day basis but after reading the the program rules thats not the case. I'm not sure now if I will purchase it. I dont see using it on days in port. I'll have to think about it for awhile. I'm sure between the wife and we could run up a 300 to 400 bar bill depending on the weather. I can drink 15 beers in a day easy and she can down a few herself.

no, you cannot buy it on a per day basis. buy it on day one or two for the rest of the cruise.

regarding beer though - get the fosters oil cans, and instead of 15 you get 30 - they're huge, 26 ounces.

no, you cannot buy it on a per day basis. buy it on day one or two for the rest of the cruise.

regarding beer though - get the fosters oil cans, and instead of 15 you get 30 - they're huge, 26 ounces.

Cant do the Fosters thats as bad as PBR plus my brother in law is an Aussie

and he would kill me he's says its Roo urine well you know what I mean trying to keep it nice :):D

and he would kill me he's says its Roo urine well you know what I mean trying to keep it nice :):D

Oddest thing about Foster's is that you don't find it sold in Australia. The alcohol content is actually too high. Most beers in Australia are very low alcohol (some as low as 2%) - the government's attempt at cracking down on drunk driving.

trust me, it's not that bad :o

i've never had a fosters before this last cruise, and suffice it to say, i saw more fosters EVERYWHERE than i have ANYWHERE ever in my life lol. give it a try before you knock it, and don't tell your brother in law ;)

trust me, it's not that bad :o

i've never had a fosters before this last cruise, and suffice it to say, i saw more fosters EVERYWHERE than i have ANYWHERE ever in my life lol. give it a try before you knock it, and don't tell your brother in law ;)

My husband also started drinking them on our last cruise and actually liked them. Not his favorite beer but he will buy one the odd time now.

The Cheers program is not taxed in any port..... You are taxed on drinks you order before you reach international waters... However, this is not because of the cheers program.. If you are not on the program and purchase your drinks individually, you also pay the tax... The tax has nothing to do with the cheers program

i've never had a fosters before this last cruise, and suffice it to say, i saw more fosters EVERYWHERE than i have ANYWHERE ever in my life lol.

lol so true. I would never order it on land but feel like I'm getting a "deal" ordering it on ship.