Unsual Anytime Dining question

NoName

Hi everyone,

We are leaving on Feb 8th on the Liberty. When we originally booked, my sister and i selected anytime dining. Just within the last few days, my aunt decided to book as a single in another cabin. We were told that she was unable to sign up for anytime dining as it was wait-listed.

Now we were also told that since we were sailing together, all she had to do was show up at the dining room with us and it wouldn't be any problem. Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation?

Is there any reason once on-board to try to have her assignment changed to anytime dining? We plan on eating all meals together. Thanks for your input.

I would go see the Maitre-D when you get on board. They ask for your room # when you are being seated so they know if you have anytime dining or not and do not let you dine if you don't. The Maitre-D may be able to make the change for you

One of my son's friends was aboard Triumph with his family, and they let him eat with us at ATD (he was set up for early seating with his parents), no problems. As I recall, he ate there with us twice. It didn't seem to be a big deal.

Edited by AngAndBoys

We traveled with 14 people in December. All of us had anytime dining, however when we went to the dining room every night they only asked for one cabin number. I suppose the cabins could've been linked, but we didn't all show up together every night. It was never an issue when we were there together or if we weren't. I can't see how one extra person would cause an issue.

We traveled with 14 people in December. All of us had anytime dining, however when we went to the dining room every night they only asked for one cabin number. I suppose the cabins could've been linked, but we didn't all show up together every night. It was never an issue when we were there together or if we weren't. I can't see how one extra person would cause an issue.

One person probably wouldn't cause a problem but if everyone brought just one person there might be a slight problem for those that are signed up and now have to wait.

Why not just ask for the change once on board and see if it can be done?

One person probably wouldn't cause a problem but if everyone brought just one person there might be a slight problem for those that are signed up and now have to wait.

Why not just ask for the change once on board and see if it can be done?

I wasn't suggesting that they shouldn't ask for a switch. I was simply stating that they were very accommodating and they didn't seem to be verifying each person that walked through the door.

Have any of you called Carnival with your booking number and your aunts and asked that the bookings be linked together?

We had a small group of us going on a cruise a couple of years ago. Most had made their reservations months in advance and been approved for early dining. Then another couple decided to come. They called Carnival directly to book and were told that they'd have to choose another dining time besides early. I called a couple of days later with our booking number and their booking number and asked that they link them together. The next time she checked their booking online it showed them as being confirmed for early dining.

I would think that if you would ask to link her booking to yours it should automatically bump her into the anytime dining.

I'm sure they'd have no problem with it, but encourage you to see the maitre d anyway.

For one thing, as somebody said, if a lot of people do this then it can cause longer wait times. Not that one person would cause that. Just in general.

For another, there may be a person who really wants a specific dining time who won't get it because even though there's an empty space, nobody knows about it until it's too late if you haven't asked about switching.

My two cents!

When we were on the Breeze & had anytime dining, we were traveling with another couple who had a set dining time. There were two instances for dinner where we inquired at the Maitre'd station if they were allowed to eat with us, to which they said there was no problem.