Ultimate drink package & Guinness

Hey everyone! Set to sail on Friday and have been contemplating the drink packages. Does anyone know if Guinness is included in the Ultimate drink package? This is a big deciding factor so I hope someone has first hand experience.

Thanks!

Hmmm, interesting. There is another thread asking the same question about Foster's Oil Can, which everyone agrees is excluded from all packages. In that thread, another person posted that Guiness was also excluded when he was on his cruise. Here's the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980676

Yeah I saw that, but the boys were never told it wasn't included. It was a can and the boys would tip it ino a big glass. They mostly got it from the pig and whistle

Deidre.

Well, it seems then that the answer here is, "There is no definitive answer." Like most things on cruise ships, the only thing that is consistent from one ship to another is inconsistency! ;)

A friend of mine recently sailed on Oasis with the premium beverage package and said that Guiness was indeed included in the package. There were several beers that despite having an asterisk next to them on the menu were indeed included in the new packages. Those asterisks were part of the old packages and they did not update the drink menus when they introduced the new packages. With that said, there are still some ultra-premium beers that aren't included, Chimay for example.

Hmmm, interesting. There is another thread asking the same question about Foster's Oil Can, which everyone agrees is excluded from all packages. In that thread, another person posted that Guiness was also excluded when he was on his cruise. Here's the thread:

Guiness and Fosters are not included in the $40 pp/pd package, the OP is talking about the ultimate package.

###

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back! Ended up buying the drink package on board once we confirmed what was included. My husband (and 1 other family) literally drank all the Guinness on the ship. Included Johny Walker Gold and he paid the difference to have Johnny Walker Blue ($2.10 a glass). The package was WELL worth it for him to splurge and drink blue. That said... they ran out of blue on our 4th night and gold on the 7th night. Guinness was hit or miss and he would have to run to odd bars (like the night club when they opened) for a can. Would purchase again in the future, just wish there was better restocking.

Guiness and Fosters are not included in the $40 pp/pd package, the OP is talking about the ultimate package.

###

When I was on the Oasis in March of 2012, I had the $40 alcoholic beverage package they offered back then and never had any trouble getting a Guiness.

Well I'm back! Ended up buying the drink package on board once we confirmed what was included. My husband (and 1 other family) literally drank all the Guinness on the ship. Included Johny Walker Gold and he paid the difference to have Johnny Walker Blue ($2.10 a glass). The package was WELL worth it for him to splurge and drink blue. That said... they ran out of blue on our 4th night and gold on the 7th night. Guinness was hit or miss and he would have to run to odd bars (like the night club when they opened) for a can. Would purchase again in the future, just wish there was better restocking.

Did he try any of the other beers? what about the beers in the english pub? Any restrictions?

• 2 weeks later...
Did he try any of the other beers? what about the beers in the english pub? Any restrictions?

He had a ton of beers. It was agreed that the asterisks seen in the menu (saying excluded from drink packages is old and meant for old drink package)... Only thing we came across excluded was the Fosters Oil Can and a couple premium beers (no idea the names). We never had 1 issue (aside from trying to find Guinness). He had a blast trying different stuff and having the dinner shot at night... Will buy again in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And, there's the problem with anyone trying anything new within a month of a major change in marketing.

I was on Grandeur from 12/14 to 12/24. The liquor packages had undergone the MAJOR change in mid-November with the online change so anyone could get it without question on 12/1.

On Grandeur, the majority of the bartenders were NOT aware of the change. I explained what had happened to one bartender re the change from list-based to cost-based and he was willing to listen to me and input the Patron Margarita (technically forbidden under the old version; allowed under the new) and it went through with no issues. So, he understood and there was no trouble at the Solarium Bar. At the Pool Bar, however, on Day 2, one of the bartenders really got into it with a guest and flat out was calling him (and me, I was trying to buffer it down) liars. He was loud and kind of scary. I reported it to the Bar Manager who I bumped into shortly after.

The next morning there was a meeting of the entire bar staff in the Spotlight (which I confirmed later with the Solarium bartender was about the change in the package) and after that new signage about the correct package information popped up everywhere and there were no further issues.

To answer the original question. Yes, Guiness is included under the new regime.

Edited by KarinaGW