Is Faster to the Fun worth it?

Gingee

We are considering it for our reunion group......we have at least 5 children under 8 (2 babies); 2 people over 80 and many of us have driven over 12 hours to the port the day before; and we will have 12 hours to drive home after we get off the ship (school the next day!!).

It will be a long day for everyone....coming and going......I hope the faster we can get settled the better everyone will feel. AND I am already dreading the LONG ride home (12 months from now!).

So for some of us there is a real logistical desire to keep things as easy and smooth as possible; I think FTTF helps us to do this.

Here's a suggestion so you can determine whether FTTF is worth the money to you...

Take a piece of paper and draw a vertical line down the middle of the page and then a vertical line at the top of the page to form a "T" on the paper. At the top of the "T" write $50 on the left side and FTTF on the right side. Then make a list on the left side of all the things you could do with $50 while on the cruise and on the right side underneath FTTF make a list of what's useful and of value to you with FTTF. Once the list is done you should be able to decide what gives you the most value for your $50.

Used FTTF in October aboard the Sunshine in Barcelona. Totally worth it for us.

Enjoyed the lounge before we pre-boarded. Made the wait bearable. Was on the ship and up to Guy's by 11:05 am!

I cruise Sunday on the Pride and will use FTTF again.

Used FTTF in October aboard the Sunshine in Barcelona. Totally worth it for us.

Enjoyed the lounge before we pre-boarded. Made the wait bearable. Was on the ship and up to Guy's by 11:05 am!

I cruise Sunday on the Pride and will use FTTF again.

Not all ports have a VIP Lounge. Miami does, but Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale does not. As a Platinum cruiser, in Miami it's nice to be directed to the Captain's Lounge once you get through security where it's very quiet, they have refreshments as well as some nice comfortable furniture to enjoy while you get one on one personal service for check-in. In Port Everglades, though, I have to stand in line, (albeit a much shorter line) that is given priority over the line for all the "unwashed" types.

All that being said, I would not pay $50 just to avoid a few cooties I might get from mingling with the unwashed.

Edited by walty

Thanks for all the opinions. I see advantages and disadvantages (disadvantage is $50). Anyway, I guess I should mention that it is just my DH and I. No kids. He thinks it is a ripoff so I am trying to convince him with opinions of other people. Also, maybe it isn't worth it for where we are going.

Going out of Ft. Lauderdale to La Romania, Curacoa, Grand Turk and Aruba. Maybe in Aruba do a cruise sponsored excursion but in Grand Turk a non cruise sponsored excursion. Not sure about the other two islands. Are any of these tender spots? I don't think Aruba is.

My wife stated just being able to check in with no lines and the room being available as soon as we boarded was good enough value for her. She wants it, she gets it. I also happen to agree with her.

Edited by dwayneb236

My wife stated just being able to check in with no lines and the room being available as soon as we boarded was good enough value for her. She wants it, she gets it. I also agree with her.

If that's the case then don't show up at the port before 2:00 PM for a 4:30 PM or 5:00 PM departure. No lines to security (which FTTF doesn't help you), no lines to check-in, no lines to get on the ship and your cabin is ready.

Instead, ask for a late check out at the hotel and relax by the pool or in the room.

We enjoy actually being on the ship. I understand what you are saying, but for us, this works. Not going to get in a debate. It's useless. We do what we like with our money. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

For me it was worth it. I'll do it again. Was on board by noon and able to drop carry on's at cabin before heading to Lido. Buffet by 12:30. It added an extra couple of hours and made things less hectic. The VIP check in was awesome and the early tenders were great too. It's just paying to go to the front of the line and I am willing to spend an extra $50 to do that in order to get more bang for my buck.

You also have a priority line at the Guest Services desk.

Definitely will do again. But to each their own.

If that's the case then don't show up at the port before 2:00 PM for a 4:30 PM or 5:00 PM departure. No lines to security (which FTTF doesn't help you), no lines to check-in, no lines to get on the ship and your cabin is ready.

Instead, ask for a late check out at the hotel and relax by the pool or in the room.

Just an FYI, In Galveston you bypass the main line for security..

Edited by dwayneb236