Vision of the Seas or Carnival Glory

EandDtravels

We are trying to decide between two cruises for Jan 2015. They are:

Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas (Tampa) to Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Costa Maya and Belize. OR

Carnival Glory (Port of Miami) to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogonay Bay, Costa Maya

Which cruise would you choose and why? Any thoughts on these ships? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on what you like. I've never sailed RCI (my first RCI cruise is booked for October), but I can tell you that I have sailed Carnival, on the Glory, and it is not my cup of tea. You couldn't pay me to get on that ship again. So if it were my choice, I would choose the RCI cruise and never even look twice at Carnival.

YMMV, depending on what you are looking for and what your expectations are for your trip.

Edited by Jobeth66

I did a full transit Panama Canal cruise on Vision of the Seas in March 2013. This was right before she was due for a refurbishment - or at least I think I am remembering that correctly. Pre-refurbishment, Vision was very nice, clean and tidy, and the crew were fabulous. If she has, in fact, had a refurbishment, Vision will be that much better. I've never sailed Carnival but would definitely not hesitate to sail on Vision again.

Hi,

I read your post last night and I was tempted to post my opinion or comments, but I never cruised on any Carnival ships, so I thought my opinion will be only one sided and perhaps a little bias. But you want opinion is here it goes.

I would choose the Vision and in fact I did make a reservation for the Vision for Dec 2014.

We cruised on Vision in dec 2012 and liked the ship very much ..... I actually wrote a review of our cruise on that ship -please read it if you want http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=112442

there was nothing wrong with the ship ( IMHO) at the time when we cruised but RCI spent a bunch of money on renovation of the ship just few months ago ....

please take a look at this link: http://blog.landrykling.com/2013/11/14/lk-team-report-new-wows-on-vision-of-the-seas/

In addition we prefer a little smaller ships with less guests, so Vision's 2000 guests is better for us than Glory's 3000.

I can not say anything bad about Glory but my choice is the Vision. It is a very elegant ship and with the renovations probably even more beautiful. We were treated during our cruise very well and we hope to have another fun cruise on her again.

In addition, we never sailed from Tampa so we want to try it.

Wishing you a good sailing on the ship of your choice.

Edited by wieslaw

Haven't been on either ship yet (scheduled for Vision) but have been on two Carnival and several Royal Caribbean. Last Carnival we went on was the Dream and at the time it was there biggest and newest ship (less than 4 months old) and my husband and I immediately realized it would be our last Carnival. With everything being new on the ship the best way I can describe it was it was like comparing a brand new motel 6 to a 5 star hotel. Although the hotel may not be new it is well taken care of and updated. Nothing wrong with a brand new motel 6 but which would you choose? My kids loved the slide on Carnival but even they prefer Royal Caribbean.