Rum Point

tamilyn

We would like to go to Rum Point for the day, preferably by boat. Does anyone know of an excursion, private or otherwise, that would take us there. I have heard it is a pretty long drive by car from the pier, and we would prefer to do something by water anyway. We would consider just a stop there along with maybe another stop or two if necessary. Any ideas?

We would like to go to Rum Point for the day, preferably by boat. Does anyone know of an excursion, private or otherwise, that would take us there. I have heard it is a pretty long drive by car from the pier, and we would prefer to do something by water anyway. We would consider just a stop there along with maybe another stop or two if necessary. Any ideas?

I don't know of any excursions water or otherwise, but we went by car. Yes, it's all the way on the other side of the island, but we enjoyed the ride. We got to see a lot of the island and once there enjoyed the area, drove in and around where people live ... some lovely homes, etc. and then spent some time on the beach. There's some places there for food and a gift shop I got some things at as well. We had plenty of time. It was a couple of years ago, so I'd have to look up the details, but we got right off the ship early, walked to the car rental place and were off! Even with all our stops we made it back in plenty of time to walk back to the ship. Just our experience, but we sort of usually like to 'take off and explore on our own' anyway, so it worked for us. People were all very nice, btw. Good luck whatever you decide to do and Happy Sailing!

I know Nativeway offers a trip to the stingrays & Rum Point, but not sure how long you're actually at the beach - pretty highly rated. I don't know of a company offering just Rum Point though.