15th Anniversary cruise.. Need tips!!

fwbpastor

Hello!

I am taking my wife on the Getaway May 24th. We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary while on board. I was hoping some of you could share some tips or ideas on how to make this cruise as romantic as possible! Thanks!!

Congrats on 15 years, it's my 15th later in the year as well. We're going on the Getaway in a few weeks. I plan on doing some romantic stuff also, I am thinking of renting a cabana in Vibe as a surprise. I'm also bringing aboard his favorite wine (Caymus).

Does she like wine? Possibly have nice wine or champagne sent to the stateroom. Also, do one of the nicer specialty restaurants and tell them it's your anniversary. You can have the anniversary package delivered to your room, or maybe beforehand ask the restaurant to set up your table. No idea if they'll do it but it would be worth asking.

We recently celebrated our 15th anniversary aboard the Norwegian Sky. I had ordered through myNCL a dozen roses for our arrival and chocolate covered strawberries for another day.

Additionally when making the booking our TA asked if we were celebrating anything special. We received a complimentary bottle of champagne and cake during our first specialty dinner.

We have a spa balcony for the November 8 cruise of the Getaway. I would love to hear all about your cabin and the spa. Pictures would be awesome along with your review.

For some romantic ideas I would suggest flowers and wine which you could buy ahead of time and they could be in the cabin before you get there. Also a long, mushy note telling your wife how much she means to you would be a big hit!

Hope you have an awesome cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Congratulations on 15 years! This year marks 12 for us.

Our first cruise was for our anniversary. I had the room decorated and a cake waiting as a surprise for my husband. You can order that on the website ahead of time. :)

PS Am I right to assume that you are a pastor? I am a church secretary for two parishes.

I celebrated my 40th bday onboard the Breakaway. My bf made my bday really special. Before our cruise he bought me a Louis Vuitton purse and somehow without me seeing it, brought it onboard and hid it under the bed. On the day of my bday he had the gift at the restaurant and he ordered a cake from Carlos's Bakery and arranged for a ship photographer to come and take pics of my gift and cake being brought out to me.

Also, my parents ordered the bday package decorations for my cabin. It was all decorated when we got onboard.

That bday was a very memorable bday. Celebrating onboard the Breakaway and being in Bermuda was the best bday ever.

This idea can easily be done for an anniversary :p

image.jpg.09fa19006c1e4b433315179aa994bd05.jpg

These are all such great ideas!! I hadnt thought of getting her something crystal! I will have to consider that. Sheperdqueen you are RIGHT! I am a Pastor :) We mentioned to our PCC that we were celebrating and hopefully she will take care of getting us something for the room. I am considering the romance package or the honeymoon package as well. Thank you all for welcoming me to the board!!

Sounds like some great ideas! These board are a great source of information!!

Just be prepared for wanting a repeat cruise. You will be hooked!

I sure hope so, we cruised on Carnival the first time and didnt enjoy it We are hoping NCL will change our minds about cruising!!

I sure hope so, we cruised on Carnival the first time and didnt enjoy it We are hoping NCL will change our minds about cruising!!

I am sure you will love it! Just remember to keep an open mind (shouldn't be too difficult for a pastor :D ) Vacations are usually what you make of them. Have Fun and enjoy each other. Happy Anniversary.