Virtual Balcony

Bella99

Am interested to hear from those who have stayed in a virtual balcony cabin. How was the picture quality? Can you turn it off or just pull curtains across? Is the view bridge cam or one side of the ship or can you choose? Thanks in advance for your responses.

I'm interested about this as well....

As far as I know, the first people in the virtual balcony cabins will be aboard the Navigator in a few days (I'm not positive of this, so let me know if I'm wrong.) I was able to find this YouTube video of a mock-up:

We will be on the 2/5 sailing and BFF's are staying in a VB which will also be on our cabin crawl.

I'm planning to do a pictorial review that will have a ton of pictures. I will start it Wed morning 2/5 on the way to Galveston.

Hoping to post the first pics before we leave port!

I'll get the info you have requested & report back.

We will be on the 2/5 sailing and BFF's are staying in a VB which will also be on our cabin crawl.

I'm planning to do a pictorial review that will have a ton of pictures. I will start it Wed morning 2/5 on the way to Galveston.

Could you make a short video of the VB cabin? Thanks!

Thanks so much. You do excellent reviews. Your pictures are awesome. I plan on a cabin with a VB on the Quantum in 2015. Will be nice to see a real one and not just a picture of one.

Have a great cruise and I will be following along.

Gwen :)

Somewhere located in the numerous pages of Navigator Dry Dock Thread it was posted that it's an 80" Flat screen placed on it's side. It does not span the complete wall from side to side nor does it go from floor to ceiling. Based on this information the picture shown when doing a booking is not representative of how the virtual balcony will actually be on the NOS.

It was also stated that it will be able to be turned off and on. However it was not stated if the view could be changed.

Thanks so much. You do excellent reviews. Your pictures are awesome. I plan on a cabin with a VB on the Quantum in 2015. Will be nice to see a real one and not just a picture of one.

Have a great cruise and I will be following along.

Gwen :)

Thanks Gwen!

Appreciate your kind words about my previous reviews & pictures.

I'm looking forward to doing a "fun/lazy" cruise where there was really no "planning" to do this time!

We don't have any plans other than the cabin crawl/poker run/slot pull... didn't book any tours or activities for the first time ever!

I am hoping to book Navigator for later in the year or 2015. Just sent you a friend request and will be tuning in for your review! Looking forward to it!! TIA

Thank you!!! I'll be anxiously awaiting it.

Hi there!

I'm a newbie for RCCL, our cruise leaves on June 29th. I was wandering what a cabin crawl is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there!

I'm a newbie for RCCL, our cruise leaves on June 29th. I was wandering what a cabin crawl is?

A cabin crawl is organized by members of a Roll Call thread by asking for volunteers to open their staterooms for a quick tour.

You try to get different cabin types so that people have a chance to see staterooms that they have never stayed in. This gives people the opportunity to see an inside (some people love them! others are afraid they might have claustrophobia - this gives them a chance to check it out). Other's have never seen a balcony or Junior Suite and wonder if the expense is worth it. And then there are the suites :) Royal Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite, etc. that most of us have never stayed in but have always wanted to know what they looked like!

Most are usually done on a sea day and most often in conjunction with the Meet & Mingle. As in the case of the ones I've been involved in, sometimes a Poker Run is added to the cabin crawl.

If you haven't already done so, check out the roll call for your cruise and you may find something is already in the works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by ace1zoe2

A cabin crawl is organized by members of a Roll Call thread by asking for volunteers to open their staterooms for a quick tour.

You try to get different cabin types so that people have a chance to see staterooms that they have never stayed in. This gives people the opportunity to see an inside (some people love them! others are afraid they might have claustrophobia - this gives them a chance to check it out). Other's have never seen a balcony or Junior Suite and wonder if the expense is worth it. And then there are the suites :) Royal Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite, etc. that most of us have never stayed in but have always wanted to know what they looked like!

Most are usually done on a sea day and most often in conjunction with the Meet & Mingle. As in the case of the ones I've been involved in, sometimes a Poker Run is added to the cabin crawl.

If you haven't already done so, check out the roll call for your cruise and you may find something is already in the works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you so much!