New Orleans check in

The reason they're asking you to do this is because Serenade will be delayed arriving in New Orleans by about three hours. DW and I are aboard her now. The crew detected an electrical issue in a propulsion unit and opted to delay transiting the Mississippi until they could resolve it.

We're probably not going to dock until around 10 and are currently near Meraux

Edited by garnetpalmetto

The reason they're asking you to do this is because Serenade will be delayed arriving in New Orleans by about three hours. DW and I are aboard her now. The crew detected an electrical issue in a propulsion unit and opted to delay transiting the Mississippi until they could resolve it.

We're probably not going to dock until around 10 and are currently near Meraux

thanks for the reply. we will just stay at hotel for a while longer.

how was cruise?

We're at all stop across the river from the Domino Sugar factory waiting for some barges further upriver to transit.The cruise was nice, a great way to avoid the weather that hit the South, though I understand it caused some to miss part of the cruise. Some complaints (demographic was not only a little on the older side but also unfriendly, some staff clearly dislike the ship, and there's not enough dining options open late, solarium closing at odd times for cleaning) but hey, a bad day at sea is better than a good day on land!