where is magic ? 8:40 AM CST

Full text from John Heald, via Facebook, with a special note for those boarding today:

"The fog has not lifted yet in Galveston and the port remains closed. The Carnival Magic is at anchor at the pilot station. The staff and crew are adding activities and events as always the team will make sure the guests are kept entertained, informed and of course.....fed

For those waiting to board please make sure you sign up for the text alerts through "manage my bookings " and we will keep you informed here and on Carnival's other social media channels."

Carnival Magic 2/2/2014 - Fog Delay

Web Update #1 – 02/02/14 - 9:30AM (EDT)

The Galveston area is experiencing heavy fog and the Port of Galveston is currently closed to all inbound and outbound traffic. While we are hopeful the fog will lift by morning, at this time, we do not know when the port will re-open. Consequently, there is a possibility our arrival into Galveston will be delayed.

At this time, we cannot provide you with an estimated arrival time for the Carnival Magic from her current voyage. However, we will continue to monitor the situation and provide you with an update on our embarkation plans no later than 11:00 AM. Due to limited seating and parking facilities, we ask that you not proceed to the terminal before you receive our update.

In the meantime, to stay in touch, if you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL2 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates on our arrival into Galveston. If you already signed up during your online check-in, you will automatically receive updates.

Yikes! This is a long delay! I leave on the Triumph out of Galveston Monday, Feb. 10 - I'm hoping for no fog coming back the following Saturday. My sister is going with us, this will be her first cruise, don't want anything to go wrong!