Reflection 1-25-14

BACON227

I'm not gonna beat a dead horse about how beautiful the Reflection is......I will just say it is as nice if not nicer than everything posted in this forum.

I will touch on key points that seem to interest everybody.

The music............wow.............The Miami DJ's are as terrible as advertised. I am 40 years old and I could not listen to them, I can't imagine how the older passengers must have felt. They truly are the most ridiculous act I have seen at sea. They consist of a male/female team with the male half playing music from his laptop computer. I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the female half. She literally stood in front of a small drum set and acted as if she was playing them..........horrendous!!!!!!! Anytime that I was on the pool deck there was never a steel drum or calypso band playing like you would expect.......but several times unfortunately the Miami DJ's were there scaring everybody away. I live in South Florida and can't stand the South Beach scene..........unfortunately that is the scene trying to be created on the Reflection.

Aqua Class / Blu

This was mine and my wife's second Aqua Class / Blu experience and I am happy to say that it was just as great if not better than the first. I was very nervous after reading several negative reviews of Blu on the Reflection, but I am happy to say that we did not experience a single negative. My Mom and Dad sailed with us on their first Celebrity cruise and also booked Aqua at our recommendation.......they said they will never book anything else, they loved it. My Mom is a vegetarian and the Blu staff went out of their way to ensure that my Mom had something delicious to eat every day.

Overall, this cruise ranks as one of the best we have taken and would not hesitate to book Aqua on this ship again.

I said I would keep it short so I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Time to try and start adjusting back to reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed your short and to the point review! :)

I agree with you...please put the DJ somewhere else! Not at the pool or martini bar. We also missed having the pool party vibe music...not certain what they are thinking...how was sail a way? Ours was prettty lack luster.

As for Blu...felt most was very very good...with a few items not to our liking. Heads and tails above MDR...imho.

I agree thumbs down to Miami DJ, my husband and myself didn't enjoy them at all (we were on the 1/18/14 Reflection cruise) where is the live band for the pool area and sail away? We sailed the Constellation this past Dec. same thing a DJ band, hope this isn't what they're going to.

Thanks for the review!

We just sailed in Aqua Class on the Constellation and booked on board to sail the Reflection in Aqua Class.

I loved every vegetarian item I tried. Did not think to ask for the vegetarian menu til the third night, I will be asking for it the first night on our next sailing!

I am not a vegetarian, just enjoy meatless meals about half the time at home.

Thanks again!!

So true about the poor Miami DJs. The woman was our muster leader, and it was all I could do to look her in the face the rest of the week after the first time I heard them. I love dance music (although the logic of playing it in a setting like the Martini bar escapes me), but they're just sort of ridiculous.

There may be a better place for them, but as far as I'm concerned, that would be somewhere off the ship.

In general, it's exactly the places in which Celebrity is trying to be "hip" that it seems most embarrassing. Especially when you've got terrific musicians like Kelly Broadway and her group - or even the party bad Vibes - as competition.

Sadly, I was booked on this cruise, but had to cancel before final payment due to work conflict. I'm so glad you had a good cruise! Also, glad to hear that Blu on Reflection was a good experience. I was booked Aqua for the first time, and have rebooked the same Aqua suite for March 2015. Reflection is my favorite cries ship so far, and I'm really looking forward to trying her from the AQ perspective!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I must agree with what everyone else is saying about Miami DJ. We were on for their first cruise on the reflection (November 23), and they were HORRIBLE and wonder what celebrity was thinking. I am really not happy with the the entertainment is going, even my 15 y.o. son hates this group and hopes they are not still there when we return to reflection in march.

I must agree with what everyone else is saying about Miami DJ. We were on for their first cruise on the reflection (November 23), and they were HORRIBLE and wonder what celebrity was thinking. I am really not happy with the the entertainment is going, even my 15 y.o. son hates this group and hopes they are not still there when we return to reflection in march.

Anyone know when Miami DJ's contract is up? Hopefully before March 8, 2014.

Which ports? And who wad cruise director?

Glad u had great trip.

Eastern..........San Juan, St Thomas, St Marteen

Alexander, can't remember the last name, but he loved to let everybody know about Celebrity's new edgy modern movement.........was not impressed with him or his assistant, Micky

I enjoyed your short and to the point review! :)

I agree with you...please put the DJ somewhere else! Not at the pool or martini bar. We also missed having the pool party vibe music...not certain what they are thinking...how was sail a way? Ours was prettty lack luster.

As for Blu...felt most was very very good...with a few items not to our liking. Heads and tails above MDR...imho.

Sail away was very boring without the usual calypso or steel drum band.......I think that was the first taste of the Miami DJ's but can't say for sure.

Blu definitely has some strange items, but overall the food was outstanding and seemed a lot more cooked to order than the MDR

Bacon,

Thanks for posting. Great little review. I should have known, EVERYTHING is better with bacon. :D

HILARIOUS..........I will be thinking of my delicious Blu breakfasts with BACON tomorrow morning when I am having my oatmeal before work.......Wuah Wuah Wuah!!!!!!

Sadly, I was booked on this cruise, but had to cancel before final payment due to work conflict. I'm so glad you had a good cruise! Also, glad to hear that Blu on Reflection was a good experience. I was booked Aqua for the first time, and have rebooked the same Aqua suite for March 2015. Reflection is my favorite cries ship so far, and I'm really looking forward to trying her from the AQ perspective!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did........I miss the delicious Blu breakfast already

HILARIOUS..........I will be thinking of my delicious Blu breakfasts with BACON tomorrow morning when I am having my oatmeal before work.......Wuah Wuah Wuah!!!!!!

The bacon is great with their poached eggs, fingerling potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. Do not forget to ask for their spicy balsa.

Edited by jackdiamond

I'm not gonna beat a dead horse about how beautiful the Reflection is......I will just say it is as nice if not nicer than everything posted in this forum.

I will touch on key points that seem to interest everybody.

The music............wow.............The Miami DJ's are as terrible as advertised. I am 40 years old and I could not listen to them, I can't imagine how the older passengers must have felt. They truly are the most ridiculous act I have seen at sea. They consist of a male/female team with the male half playing music from his laptop computer. I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the female half. She literally stood in front of a small drum set and acted as if she was playing them..........horrendous!!!!!!! Anytime that I was on the pool deck there was never a steel drum or calypso band playing like you would expect.......but several times unfortunately the Miami DJ's were there scaring everybody away. I live in South Florida and can't stand the South Beach scene..........unfortunately that is the scene trying to be created on the Reflection.

Aqua Class / Blu

This was mine and my wife's second Aqua Class / Blu experience and I am happy to say that it was just as great if not better than the first. I was very nervous after reading several negative reviews of Blu on the Reflection, but I am happy to say that we did not experience a single negative. My Mom and Dad sailed with us on their first Celebrity cruise and also booked Aqua at our recommendation.......they said they will never book anything else, they loved it. My Mom is a vegetarian and the Blu staff went out of their way to ensure that my Mom had something delicious to eat every day.

Overall, this cruise ranks as one of the best we have taken and would not hesitate to book Aqua on this ship again.

I said I would keep it short so I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Time to try and start adjusting back to reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed the cruise minus the music.