DCL - San Juan for 4 adults, 1 toddler and 1 infant

Hswillia07

Hi there,

I've cruised out of San Juan before, but it was about 6 years ago and there were no kids involved at the time - just me and my husband. This time, we'll be docking there with Disney and we'll have my mom and her husband along as well as our kids who will be 3.5 and 11 months at the time of sailing.

I'm not huge on San Juan beaches and I think we'll enjoy just walking around and seeing the sights, but I can't remember the layout of the area. I understand we can take a free trolley to El Morro and then maybe just enjoy the sights/shops on the way back towards the pier.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for our group? I'm also unsure of where Disney docks, so I suppose that might be a factor as well.

Thanks so much!!

If it's a port call then it should dock at the main piers right in Old San Juan. That said, the trolley is your best bet when traveling up to the forts so the kids don't get tired of walking uphill most of the way. I don't remember now but there is a stop just before (or is it after?) the one in front of the terminal where you should be able to get on one of the trolleys when they are less crowded. Look for vendors with kites for the kids on the street in front of El Morro grounds. There's usually people flying kites there and it's fun for the kids. On your way back, right at the end of Cristo street, on the right there's a small park where you can buy little baggies of feed for the pigeons that are there. Kids usually have a blast here!! Baggies are $1 each and are about sandwich-bag size.