Getting a Discount if Prices Drop

bundle

Apologize if this has been covered before, But I wanted to find out the best way to research new price discounts that may apply to an existing reservation (whats the best way to do the research and then compare?)

Example - I made reservations 6 months ahead of time - and now am approaching 3 months until the cruise. Should I look at my "Countdown to Cruise" "Vacation Balance" "Cabin Fare" summary -- and compare it to todays web prices?

I usually do a false booking. Pretend you are booking this cruise and pick the cabin category which takes you to the page to enter you information - # of people including children in the cabin and answer the questions about any discounts you qualify for. ex Senior, military etc. This will bring up the pp price and compare with your current price. For example I've been checking a 11/14 cruise as a solo senior cruiser. The per person price has not dropped but the solo rate did and there was a new senior discount for this cruise. I wouldn't have known if I didn't do false booking. BTW save $200.