Suite Question regarding Cova drinks

CTsang

I understand that if you are in a suite, you can get coffee from Cova delivered by your butler. Can it be all types of coffee drinks? Latte, Cappucinos, Espresso, Coffee? What if one doesn't drink coffee drinks? Can you get a hot chocolate instead?

I might also add that the coffee that is brough to you by your butler is much better than the regular coffee on the ship. When we were cruising Hubbard Glacier in Alaska, our butler brought hot chocolate and specialty coffee drinks to everyone who was in our suite. It made for a nice experience.

The Hot Chocolate in the suites is not the powdered stuff. From what I gather from our Millie cruise butler and the executive chef, the suites have their own albeit small galley set up (probably like a butler's pantry.) They make the espressos and cappucinos there.

Instead of spending the money in the Cova, it was nice to have it in our room.

Anita

When I was in a suite on Horizon in April I ordered hot chocolate twice at breakfast and both times was brought a thermo-carafe of hot water and a couple of envelopes of either Carnation or Nestle instant.

Hmmm thinking that maybe it's on the newer ships that they have better facilities for the butler. I know that they have their own refrigerators since our occasion cakes were stored there.

Anita

When I was on the Millie recently, we received lattes, cappucincos and expressos from the Butler, but anytime I ordered hot chocolate, I also received the hot chocolate mix packages and a carafe of water. I assume that if there is a machine, it doesn't include hot chocolate in it, because I don't believe the Butler would have bothered to get the hot chocolate packages from room service if he could get it from the machine where he got the coffees.

• 4 weeks later...

Cant say on the hot choc... But can speak to the coffee.

I am a serious coffee drinker!!.. I always hate the coffee on every line we have been on and bring my own small coffee pot. After the first morning that we ordered coffee in our suite, I put the coffeemaker back in my suitcase and never used it... The coffee in the suites is very good.

The butlers on the M class ships have their own cafe equipment for espresso based drinks. The butlers on the Century class do not (or at least didn't the last time we sailed on one) and had to get them from Cova - where they do make a real good hot chocolate. If you are on an M class ship and ask your butler real nice to get you the good hot chocolate, I'm sure he'll oblige. Jeff

Archived