I booked on board......

KTRuby

I booked Freedom for 12/27/2014 while on the Glory at Christmas time. The specific cabin I wanted has opened up so I called Carnival to switch rooms and they said my booking is with a travel agent and I'll have to call them to make any changes. Huh? I specifically asked if I should call Carnival for any changes and to make payments and the woman who made the booking said yes. There is no phone number for any other agency oh the booking forms.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You didn't give them the name of a TA when you booked? Was your previous booking made with a TA? I have seen them (not Carnival, but Celebrity) automatically assign the new booking to your TA that was on file for the cruise you were currently on. They tried to do that to us, and I had to tell her I didn't want it that way, just to book it direct with the cruise line.

I no longer use a TA now because I almost lost out on a few hundred dollars on my May cruise when the price dropped and they were closed. Long story, but never again.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I booked Freedom for 12/27/2014 while on the Glory at Christmas time. The specific cabin I wanted has opened up so I called Carnival to switch rooms and they said my booking is with a travel agent and I'll have to call them to make any changes. Huh? I specifically asked if I should call Carnival for any changes and to make payments and the woman who made the booking said yes. There is no phone number for any other agency oh the booking forms.

I booked six cruises in Nov. & my PVP had the bookings before we got home & he got credit for all of them.

Jeff on the LEGEND told me they go to the PVP or who ever booked the cruise you were on at the time.

I did call my PVP before we left to make sure I wasn't screwing him as he has been very good to us. He told me to book it was no problem.

After a long time on the phone they explained that it reverted to the travel agency I had previously booked with. I'm frustrated because I did it this way specifically thinking the booking would be with Carnival and I even confirmed this with the person I booked with. Carnival told me to have them release the booking to them and the company wouldn't do it. It all worked out in the end. I got the room I wanted and an additional $100 obc thanks to the company's current promotion!

After a long time on the phone they explained that it reverted to the travel agency I had previously booked with. I'm frustrated because I did it this way specifically thinking the booking would be with Carnival and I even confirmed this with the person I booked with. Carnival told me to have them release the booking to them and the company wouldn't do it. It all worked out in the end. I got the room I wanted and an additional $100 obc thanks to the company's current promotion!

Glad you got it figured out. I thought that's what happened. Have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/quote

ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL as my DAD always said.

Did you get the $100. plus your OBC for booking while on board. If so it was worth the hassle.

They did the same to me on the Breeze but i got it changed after getting back. They give the booking to whomever you booked your last cruise with.