Snorkeling in Freeport

Sunshine3214

Me, DH, DS(13), and DD(8) will be sailing Sunshine in 25 days (yay!). Key West we plan to do trolley tour/walk around. Nassau some shopping and hanging out at Junkanoo Beach. Freeport wanted to do Pat &Diane tour but waited to book too late - sold out :( Any suggestions on another good snorkeling tour in Freeport besides the ship's excursions? We have snorkeled a few times and love it! My 8 year old can stay in the water all day looking at everything!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

We did a snorkel tour thru Carnival a few years ago in Freeport. It was a kayak to a small "island" and then a snorkel tour. Was a lot of coral to see and actually saw a very large lobster. On the island were a huge nest of hermit crabs of all sizes that love to be fed. Was a nice excursion.

I meant to put this in the port of call section:confused:

no worries, it will probably be moved there by a mod :)

anyhow, yes, deadmans reef at paradise cove:

http://www.deadmansreef.com/

you can walk right into the water and swim out to the reef, it's great. reserve online, and they'll pick you up right at the pier, there are a few packages and i'd highly recommend it, i just came back from there (again) in january :)

I second that for Dead Mans Reef. They are really friendly and the snorkeling was great saw lots of fish and coral. Have to swim a ways out to see the best stuff but well worth it.

35$ and they provided transportation to and from the ship and all the snorkel gear.

I'm going on my first ever cruise in November and my boyfriend has his heart set on going to Atlantis while we're in Nassau, so I was left to pick the Freeport stop. I was really intent on fitting in both kayaking and snorkeling and Dead Man's Reef has a package of EXACTLY that for way less than through Carnival. This is literally exactly what I was looking for, and lunch and transport can be scheudled too? You're an angel!:D

Thank you for posting this sunshine3214! We have the same itinerary in May. I'd love to hear about your experience.

We are leaning toward dead man's reef. Do we need to make reservations?

Thanks!!

Just E-Mail them and Barry (the owner) will get right back to you. Just tell him your dates and what ship and he"ll get you set up.

You don't pay til you get there so no hassles with the credit card reimbursement if the ship does not make it into port for some reason.