Breakaway Pool Area - Spacy? Is there a TV?

PaCUfan

Until now we have only sailed CCL. We are looking into either the Breakaway or RCCL's Explorer of the seas to mix things up and also sail close to home this year.

My question regarding the Breakaway is about the Pool area. We are used to Carnival's ships where the pool area is large open space mid-ship with a main pool, ample seating area, and a large screen Tv showing movies, news, etc.

The Breakaway's pool area on the few clips I found on youtube appears to be small, with limited seating. I also did not see any performance stages or a large TV in that area. Is this correct?

Also, how close is the pool to the lido buffet?

Thanks in advance! I really know nothing about NCL... :confused:

Edited by PaCUfan
mis spelling

The pools are very small. Here is the deck plan from NCL's website: Deck 15 Breakaway.. That shows you how close the pool is to the Garden Cafe buffet.

There is a large screen for movies in the interior of the ship in the atrium, and a large screen on the back end of the ship at the all adult Spice H2O area, although I'm not sure what that screen is used for.

The pools are very small. Here is the deck plan from NCL's website: Deck 15 Breakaway.. That shows you how close the pool is to the Garden Cafe buffet.

There is a large screen for movies in the interior of the ship in the atrium, and a large screen on the back end of the ship at the all adult Spice H2O area, although I'm not sure what that screen is used for.

What exactly is the Spice H20?

OP - there's lots of information on the NCL website that can help you, including deck plans, pictures, FAQ's, etc.

There are lots of threads here with pictures and reviews of the ship, as well as extensive comparisons of NCL versus lines you're familiar with. If you type CCL into the search box you will see lots of threads of how CCL compares to NCL.

Spice H20 is an adults only area of NCL's newer ships. There is a large video screen, loungers, bar. etc. Here's a video

I just got off a quick, weekend cruise on Breakaway this Sunday, and I have to say, while I loved most physical aspects of the ship, the main pool deck really threw me. It almost seemed "compartmentalized" in that there were walls and other barriers almost separating the deck into smaller sections. It was very different than the CCL, RCCL, Princess ships, and even any of the other NCL ships that I have sailed. I don't spend as much time on the pool deck as I used to (I have three very small children now), but if I were planning to spend a lot of time there, I don't think I would be happy on Breakaway, honestly.

Just my opinion, but the Breakaway pool area is lacking in space to even move around. Like the previous poster said, it is cut up into smaller areas, but all congested. Too small for so many people. We did not even get in the pool in the main area, which also has kiddie areas nearby too. It was way too busy. Not the open central pool area that cruisers have come to love and enjoy. I missed that feature.

Spice H2O is nice, peaceful, with a large TV screen (very large). It also has a couple hot tubs, and a waterfall type area with shallow pool areas that you can sit in to cool off. It is an adult area, I never saw a child in there at all. It has plenty of seating, and a bar area too. It actually is where the sail away party was held. If you want to get away from the crowd, you can go there.

I was disappointed in the main pool area for sure.

I just got off a quick, weekend cruise on Breakaway this Sunday, and I have to say, while I loved most physical aspects of the ship, the main pool deck really threw me. It almost seemed "compartmentalized" in that there were walls and other barriers almost separating the deck into smaller sections. It was very different than the CCL, RCCL, Princess ships, and even any of the other NCL ships that I have sailed. I don't spend as much time on the pool deck as I used to (I have three very small children now), but if I were planning to spend a lot of time there, I don't think I would be happy on Breakaway, honestly.

I agree - I was also on the same cruise you were on...I think the highlight of the pool area was Spongebob..LOL :D

We were very disappointed with the pool area on the Breakaway. Sailed on her in June and we could not even get into the pool! The area was so crowded. It is not a good set up. The adult only area (Spice H2O) is nice, but they really need an adult pool in the area. Maybe things have changed, but when we sailed, they never even used the screen in that area, it was only turned on to show a photo of a water fall playing over and over again. For a ship that size, with so many passengers, NCL really dropped the ball on the pool design.

Has anyone on here that has sailed BA/GA enjoyed the pool area? I'm the type of guy that likes to sit at the edge of the pool all day with a drink in hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My son (age 23) does exactly that for most of the day. He said it was fun and he met a lot of people just hanging out in the pool.

Also, to the original question: the two bars at the pool each have a TV showing mostly sports.

Tracy