OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

My sweet hubby & I will be sailing NOS on the 23rd, but he's a Wolverine. You should be able to spot us easily...I'll be the embarrassed southern grandma next to the old fart who keeps yelling "Go Blue" whenever he sees a Spartan! LOL

Hooray!!! My husband and I are thrilled!! We only used it to put junk on and then lost stuff we meant to keep. I for one am very happy!! Of course, I'm happy to be cruising regardless!! Only 12 more days until we are in Galveston!

Larry&Darla,

I agree with you! I didn't notice anything like this and I was all over that ship! If it was there I missed it too :)

Cindy

Hey Cindy, if you're still out there...LOL

On boarding day, would you happen to know whether there was any Honey Stung Chicken being served in the Windjammer? I'm one of the folks who kinda looks forward to it (...and I've read ALL of Honey Stung Chicken threads with the pros vs cons). Just a bit curious!

On boarding day, would you happen to know whether there was any Honey Stung Chicken being served in the Windjammer? I'm one of the folks who kinda looks forward to it (...and I've read ALL of Honey Stung Chicken threads with the pros vs cons). Just a bit curious!

Yes I'm definitely still here! Just booked a cruise for 2015 for the Pacific Nortwest!

To answer your question, I'm sorry... I can't answer your question ;(

I'm not a big fan of the WJ personally, although hubby loves it. I usually eat from Promenade Cafe on boarding day.

Hopefully someone else will speak up & have the answer soon!

Hi, We were also on the 4 day sailing. I can't say that we saw the honey stung chicken in WJ on boarding day, HOWEVER, to our surprise it was on the room service menu....so you can get it anytime you like! YUM! Enjoy!

Hi, We were also on the 4 day sailing. I can't say that we saw the honey stung chicken in WJ on boarding day, HOWEVER, to our surprise it was on the room service menu....so you can get it anytime you like! YUM! Enjoy!

In my experience the room service honey stung chicken is very different from the Windjammer version (white meat vs. dark meat).

Yes I'm definitely still here! Just booked a cruise for 2015 for the Pacific Nortwest!

To answer your question, I'm sorry... I can't answer your question ;(

I'm not a big fan of the WJ personally, although hubby loves it. I usually eat from Promenade Cafe on boarding day.

Hopefully someone else will speak up & have the answer soon!

Since this is our first cruise - i have a question about the Promenade Cafe - is there a cost for that or is that included? So anxious to be onboard and getting to experience this all for ourselves too. 10 days and counting down.

In my experience the room service honey stung chicken is very different from the Windjammer version (white meat vs. dark meat).

In the several "Honey Stung Chicken Threads" that I've read, that point has been made by a few posters. I've only had it in WJ on the first sailing day, but I think that while I'm on the NAV in May I'll order it via roomservice. Just to see what the difference is...

I have never had the Honey Stung chicken in the windjammer; only from room service. I guess because we don't go to the WJ first day. It's too crazy...we usually hit the first bar then the Café Promenade. But I have to say I really enjoy the chicken; we've gotten it for an afternoon bite if we have a late dinner.

Thank you for the great thread.

In case I missed it somewhere, what was disembarkation like?

We are on the Navigator in June and last sailed into. Galveston on the mariner. It was a nightmare getting off as there were computer glitches and the line we were in was suddenly closed to reboot. The supervisor then saw we were not on US passports and tried to throw us out of the line we were in which was the line we were told to get in as we are green card holders and she didn't want to know anything about us being legal residents and told us to get into the non resident holders line!!!! We actually couldn't move anywhere as we had all our luggage with us and it was mayhem.

Fortunately we were called forward by one of the other immigration officers as we were at the front of the line by this stage, and the supervisor came over and grabbed our passports out of his hand and literally threw them at us. He explained we were perfectly entitled to be there as we were residents and the supervisor stormed off. Sorry about my discontentment but it was the worse port we have ever sailed into, and if it wasn't for traveling with relatives that picked this sailing I would probably have sailed from somewhere else!

With all the new customs fees for duty on duty free into Texas I am dreading that it may even be worse than last time!

Before once you had cleared immigration you were straight out on the street so have they moved the immigration lines to accommodate a new area for customs?

Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you for the great thread.

In case I missed it somewhere, what was disembarkation like?

Unfortunately the disembarkation was terrible on our cruise. We were delayed about 8+ hours due to fog.

Once the process started everyone was trying to get off at one time bit paying attention to the way things were supposed to go (carry off 1st, etc).

Once off the ship the lines for us moved quickly. It was probably 20-30 minutes in the customs line & we were on our way.

We carried off luggage so didn't have to spend time looking for it. We also had no purchases or alcohol to declare.

Maybe someone else will speak up about their experience as well.

Cindy

The last time we sailed out of Galveston it was Thanksgiving 2 years ago. We were a group of 12 and it was a Nightmare trying to get off the ship. It took us hours of standing in line. We sail NOS in March and then again at Thanksgiving and praying it won't be the same!

Have heard much conflicting info about RCL pools & temperatures. Can anyone comment as to whether the pools seemed to be heated, and whether they were comfortable or uncomfortably cold?

Thanks in advance! :)

Our experience is that the pools are not heated.

The only ship I know of with heated pools is Independence, and even there the heaters are only used on European sailings.

I've seen reports of pools being heated on other RCI ships too - but also plenty of reports of COLD pools on various RCI ships - which is why I was curious specifically about Navigator. I think (but am not absolutely certain) that most all ships actually have the capability to heat pools, but many do not use them, at least not all the time.