Spa showers...

Weinercruisers

Can anyone use the spa showers? I heard they are great and we have several in our group. Can one of us run up there to get showered or is it only for people on that deck?

Depends, which ship? Cloud 9 spa showers are restricted to those with access. The standard spa showers are open to everyone.

I use them all the time. Especially on the Spirit class ships. I have gone entire cruises with never showering in my cabin. The spa showers are very roomy and offer great water pressure, etc. It is so much better to get ready up there as opposed to the cramped bathroom in the cabin.

I only used the shower in my room just onced on the cruise I just got off of, and that was the morning of coming home. It was bigger in the locker room, and just made since to use it after I worked out/used sauna and steam. Didn't have to make a trip back to the room then if I wanted to eat. Especially since mine was on the other end of ship from gym.

We will be on the Dream. I didn't know there was a difference... or I guess I didn't know that they had Spa 9 showers and standard spa showers.

I don't know anything about Spa 9 but Dream has regular Spa showers for the riff raff (like me). They are very nice.

On Splendor there were the spa showers that were accessible in the locker room of the Cloud 9 area, but there were also spa showers in the public locker room where the sauna is located. IMHO, I thought the public spa showers were nicer than the Cloud 9 spa showers because there was also steam in those showers.

We will be on the Dream. I didn't know there was a difference... or I guess I didn't know that they had Spa 9 showers and standard spa showers.

They are quite different. The regular showers in the gym area are like a typical gym/locker room shower. (Nothing wrong with them).

The showers located in the cloud 9 spa area are just "amped up" showers. They have a rain-style ceiling jet, there are also side jets and you can choose to turn on the others or not use them. It is co-ed area and the showers don't have doors, they are just long and narrow, kind of odd shaped, but not totally discreet, so I can't imagine someone using them without a swimsuit on... They do still have shampoo and shower gel inside. They are designed for you to use before and or after using the thermal suites located adjacent to the showers.

There are 4 sets of showers. 1. Your cabin shower, 2. Locker room showers available to all passengers (usually located near the gym and nicer than the cabin showers), 3. Cloud 9 Spa locker room showers for those cabin passengers or those who have purchased a pass (even nicer), 4. Cloud 9 Spa showers located near the Cloud 9 steam, thermal, relaxation rooms (co-ed and mainly for a quick cool down as you go from thermal rooms to steam rooms to relaxation room).

Cheers!