Breakaway deck 15 haven suites (S5) question

heakja

Can anyone tell me if the hallway to the suites at deck 15 (category S5) is open to everyone? I am worried if there will be a lot of traffic of people going to the gym/spa. Or do you need a key to enter it?

(I have browsed the entire cruisecritic, but there are currently zero member reviews of cabins on deck 15.)

Haven't been but I don't see why they would close the hallway with an access door. Nothing there but a hallway. There are no 'perks' to guard down the hallway with a locked door.

It also appears the gym/spa access is from the starboard side so nobody would be walking down the port side.

Can anyone tell me if the hallway to the suites at deck 15 (category S5) is open to everyone? I am worried if there will be a lot of traffic of people going to the gym/spa. Or do you need a key to enter it?

(I have browsed the entire cruisecritic, but there are currently zero member reviews of cabins on deck 15.)

Not open to everyone key card access only

Not open to everyone key card access only

I was in a deck 15 S5 last September. Key card access into the Haven hallway. The spa is located on the opposite side of the ship. I found our suite to be very quiet with little traffic. Enjoy!

Tracy

Thanks! Any input on which of the S5 is the better pick? I had a very bad experience on being at the end of the hallway on Epic due to the self-slamming, heavy hallwaydoor. So I currenly lean toward something in the middle, like 15112.

We stayed in cabin 15120. The hallway is key card access only and very quiet. The room was nicely located near the staircase up to the Haven lounge and not far down the hallway from the locked access door. We really enjoyed this room?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We stayed in cabin 15120. The hallway is key card access only and very quiet. The room was nicely located near the staircase up to the Haven lounge and not far down the hallway from the locked access door. We really enjoyed this room?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks! I think I made the right choice picking 15112.:)

Thanks! Any input on which of the S5 is the better pick? I had a very bad experience on being at the end of the hallway on Epic due to the self-slamming, heavy hallwaydoor. So I currenly lean toward something in the middle, like 15112.

We were in 15100...loved it. Would definitely get an S5 again.

Tracy

On another note, I have noticed some MAJOR pricedrops on the S5 category throughout the 2014 season on Getaway. Almost on all cruises, the starting price has been 3000USD ++, now the S5s are well below 2000 USD on most cruises. Other suite categories have not had the same price drops (except maybe the S9s). I wonder if NCL just miscalculated what people are willing to pay for that suite.

PS - anyone with an old Getaway S5 booking should check with their TA if there has been a price drop! The last one happened on Friday, i think!

Edited by heakja