The Splendor was Splendid!!! Just back from 1/28-2/5 cruise!

Vitamin_Sea

Hey there Limoguy!

We were on the same cruise as you were and just got home late last night! We probably passed each other in the halls or on the decks.

We had an awesome time as well.

We ate in the Gold Pearl and I agree that the food was awesome! Our wait staff was simply the best. Loved all three of them.

We sailed the Splendor in September and were a little worried that the second time would be under-whelming. No need to worry since it was as much fun as the first time AND… this time it felt like we were "at home". lol Familiarity with the surroundings was so comforting, not to mention that pink is such a soothing, comforting colour! :D

I was a little disappointed that Malcolm was not back yet as the Cruise Director. However, Eli did a good job (Although his Beyonce -in the Legends Show- wasn't as credible or entertaining as Malcolm's was ) :D

The Super Bowl experience was exciting to watch on the Lido Big Screen except that the game itself was boring… (No fault of Carnival). I had hoped for a little more of a thrill…. close game score… nail-biting, sit on the edge of your seats tension…. not this year.

Broncos played lousy. Seahawks were stellar.

The shows were great (except that they forgot to turn off the house lights for the first half of the Latin Fiesta show but most first-timers on the Splendor may not have been aware of this as it was happening.)

The formal nights were on the 1st and 3rd sea days.

There was a new group of entertainers, dancers, etc. since the September sailing. (The only two that I recognized as still being on the ship from that earlier cruise were Ross the trivia man and the shorter of the bald dancers.) I do believe that the synergy of the entertainment staff does make a difference in the overall cruising experience.

I definitely would sail on the Splendor for a THIRD time!! :D I just need to first work off those 5 lbs I gained before I can start again :eek:

Edited by 2CoolCanucks

Thanks for the review! Do you remember how many outlets there were? I have heard that there is only 1 in the room.

Anytime!

Not many outlets!!

We did bring a 6 plug power strip, thankfully.

We also had a European conversion plug we used as well.

So, we had plenty of outlets.

Anytime!

Not many outlets!!

We did bring a 6 plug power strip, thankfully.

We also had a European conversion plug we used as well.

So, we had plenty of outlets.

Thanks, we'll bring a power strip. Was there one near the bed. My mom has a CPap machine she needs to sleep with.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hey there Limoguy!

We were on the same cruise as you were and just got home late last night! We probably passed each other in the halls or on the decks.

We ate in the Gold Pearl and I agree that the food was awesome! Our wait staff was simply the best. Loved all three of them.

We sailed the Splendor in September and were a little worried that the second time would be under-whelming. No need to worry since it was as much fun as the first time AND… this time it felt like we were "at home". lol Familiarity with the surroundings was so comforting, not to mention that pink is such a soothing, comforting colour! :D

I was a little disappointed that Malcolm was not back yet as the Cruise Director. However, Eli did a good job (Although his Beyonce -in the Legends Show- wasn't as credible or entertaining as Malcolm's was ) :D

The Super Bowl experience was exciting to watch on the Lido Big Screen except that the game itself was boring… (No fault of Carnival). I had hoped for a little more of a thrill…. close game score… nail-biting, sit on the edge of your seats tension…. not this year.

The shows were great (except that they forgot to turn off the house lights for the first half of the Latin Fiesta show but most first-timers on the Splendor may not have been aware of this as it was happening.)

There was a new group of entertainers, dancers, etc. since the September sailing. (The only two that I recognized as still being on the ship from that earlier cruise were Ross the trivia man and the shorter of the bald dancers.) I do believe that the synergy of the entertainment staff does make a difference in the overall cruising experience.

I definitely would sail on the Splendor for a THIRD time!! :D I just need to first work off those 5 lbs I gained before I can start again :eek:

We ate at the Black pearl and was dandy.

We had front row seats at the Legends show. We love to see Janae Longo!:p

Thanks, we'll bring a power strip. Was there one near the bed. My mom has a CPap machine she needs to sleep with.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not sure about near the bed as we did not need one there since we had a battery operated clock.

Just bring an extension cord to be safe.

Hey there Limoguy!

Hey..Was curious if you had trouble getting home.

Did you fly back to Canada?