Celebrity Millenium 10th May 2014..Yokohama to Vancouver

Rodbarry

G'day Rod and Barry, thanks for the kind welcome. We'd be delighted to share thoughts on Japan with you, although be warned my "data bank" is from a different era. I've already done a bit of intelligence work on Hakodate and Sapporo. Like to suggest a pre dinner meet on May 10? Goes for any and all.

Cheers, Lee and Noboru

Hi Lee and Noboru

Have you been reading the posts re a mtg? Thinking we could meet on the 2nd day, the sea day, and arrange it around the meet and mingle which will probably be in the morning sometime..maybe lunch or an afternoon mtg, what suits you both?

Thanks

Rod and Barry

Hi All, meeting on the second day morning sounds fine to us --- as long as it doesn't conflict with trivia:) Anyone else interested in a trivia team? We are morning people so available any time onwards from 8am...not sure this works for others but it's a starting point.

Hi All, meeting on the second day morning sounds fine to us --- as long as it doesn't conflict with trivia:) Anyone else interested in a trivia team? We are morning people so available any time onwards from 8am...not sure this works for others but it's a starting point.

So if we see when the Celebrity meet and mingle is..and we are in the gift swap time also which maybe just after the meet and mingle, then we'll try and make a time on the 2nd day also sometime, not sure whether we'll be able to make it in the morning Lee and Noboru but no doubt there'll be plenty of early afternoon time available

Trivia....enjoy trying but find the questions so obscure it's rather depressing!!

Regards to all

Rod and Barry

Hello all...My husband and I are arriving in Tokyo on the 6th and doing a Mt. Fuji day tour and seeing the sights in Tokyo prior to boarding the ship. Looks like a couple of others were on the Silhouette TA in 2012, so look forward to seeing you again. We always select the late seating for dinner since we like to have the same waiter, etc. See you at the Martini Bar !!

Hello all...My husband and I are arriving in Tokyo on the 6th and doing a Mt. Fuji day tour and seeing the sights in Tokyo prior to boarding the ship. Looks like a couple of others were on the Silhouette TA in 2012, so look forward to seeing you again. We always select the late seating for dinner since we like to have the same waiter, etc. See you at the Martini Bar !!

Hi Tim and Dale

Great to meet you, talk to you on board

Regards

Rod and Barry

By the way interesting to see you did the Moscow to St.P river cruise..we are doing it the other way this August with another company Volga Dream..will chat to you about your experience

Rod and Barry

Sure Lee, how about just in the main dining room say 12.30pm?

Rod

Good idea. Lunch in the MDR on Day 2 at 12:30 sounds great. There is usually just one set of doors on one level that is open for lunch and we can meet outside the entrance. We should have a head count so that we don't wait for someone who is not planning to attend. Count us in!

Jay and Al

• 2 weeks later...
For those planning on spending a few days in Tokyo, you might be interested in this link

http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/101-things-to-do-in-tokyo

Lee and Noboru

Thanks for the link. We've been to Tokyo previously, and have visited the usual tourist sites, so this list was interesting to read and gave me some ideas. I really should get serious about planning our itinerary :eek:

Are other couples the same as us? One of us does ALL the planning (airline, cruise, hotel, tours, etc.) and the other just agrees to everything. The only question he will ask is "what time do we have to be at the airport?" - that will be the extent of his trip planning :D Thankfully, I love doing all the planning.

• 2 weeks later...

This board has been very quiet and now we leave tomorrow for China. We are flying to Haneda from Shanghai on May 7 and taking the train down to the port on May 10 which is very simple IF you understand the Japanese subway system which looks like a plate of spaghetti when viewed on the metro map.

If I am correct only six of us have expressed interest in lunching together in the MDR on May 11. Hoping that Tom and Al/ Tim and Dale will join us also.

I'll be checking in every few days during our travels.

Jay and Al

This board has been very quiet and now we leave tomorrow for China. We are flying to Haneda from Shanghai on May 7 and taking the train down to the port on May 10 which is very simple IF you understand the Japanese subway system which looks like a plate of spaghetti when viewed on the metro map.

If I am correct only six of us have expressed interest in lunching together in the MDR on May 11. Hoping that Tom and Al/ Tim and Dale will join us also.

I'll be checking in every few days during our travels.

Jay and Al

hi Jay & Al

Safe journeying! Will see you onboard..yes as you say 6 of us for lunch on the 2nd day...guess we'll hear before long where the " meet and mingle" celebrations party is maybe on the 2nd day also

Regards

Rod and Barry

Hello, Peter and Larch here. I have been stalking the board for awhile so decided to post now that our plans are firm.

This is our first trip to Asia and doing a Transpacific. We did Transatlantic last year.

We will be in Tokyo on Wed evening the 7th. We are going to Disney for the first few days before boarding the ship. I know kinda cheesy but I have always wanted to go there.

Once on the ship , we can typically be found at any and all trivia games.

We have nothing planned for Hakodate. We are thinking of walking around town and maybe do the tram to the top of mountain.

We are doing the trip to the Volcano on Sapporo stop with the cruise line.

The Russian port we are playing by ear but plan to get off the ship if we can. Our discussions with our travel agent and Celebrity directly indicate one does not need a visa for Petropavlovsk. Who knows with current political climate these days and what it will be like in 3 weeks. Fingers crossed I can cross another country off my list. :)

Safe travels to all and hope to meet you aboard the ship.

Arigato,

Peter

Hello, Peter and Larch here. I have been stalking the board for awhile so decided to post now that our plans are firm.

This is our first trip to Asia and doing a Transpacific. We did Transatlantic last year.

We will be in Tokyo on Wed evening the 7th. We are going to Disney for the first few days before boarding the ship. I know kinda cheesy but I have always wanted to go there.

Once on the ship , we can typically be found at any and all trivia games.

We have nothing planned for Hakodate. We are thinking of walking around town and maybe do the tram to the top of mountain.

We are doing the trip to the Volcano on Sapporo stop with the cruise line.

The Russian port we are playing by ear but plan to get off the ship if we can. Our discussions with our travel agent and Celebrity directly indicate one does not need a visa for Petropavlovsk. Who knows with current political climate these days and what it will be like in 3 weeks. Fingers crossed I can cross another country off my list. :)

Safe travels to all and hope to meet you aboard the ship.

Arigato,

Peter

Hello Peter and Larch

Thanks for coming out of the shadows and meeting us all! :) Join our little group! As you've read 6 of us are meeting for lunch on the 2nd day if interested let us know. We are also doing our own thing in Hakodate and getting the tram around and going up the mtn etc. Probably we won't even go to Sapporo given the distance, we'll just enjoy the local town. No wonder you're going to enjoy Disney first, great fun for you

Kind regards

Rod and Barry

I expect that the two of us will be able to join the other six at lunch on Day 2 (sea day).

We will also attend the evening GLBT cocktail gatherings to meet other GLBT passengers (including those not on Cruise Critic). For the uninitiated, please check the announcement board adjacent to the Guest Relations desk for time & location of the GLBT gathering. I will be pleasantly surprised if this activity is posted in the daily newsletter we all get in our cabins.

Tom & Al

I expect that the two of us will be able to join the other six at lunch on Day 2 (sea day).

We will also attend the evening GLBT cocktail gatherings to meet other GLBT passengers (including those not on Cruise Critic). For the uninitiated, please check the announcement board adjacent to the Guest Relations desk for time & location of the GLBT gathering. I will be pleasantly surprised if this activity is posted in the daily newsletter we all get in our cabins.

Tom & Al

Hi Tom & Al

Good to hear! Just let us know if you do decide so as Jay said we know how many to expect at the door! Thanks indeed!

Regards

Rod and Barry

Hi Tom & Al

Good to hear! Just let us know if you do decide so as Jay said we know how many to expect at the door! Thanks indeed!

Regards

Rod and Barry

Yes, we will be there for lunch. So far, it would appear we need a table for 10. Fortunately, the MDR is generally not crowded for lunch so we should be able to get a second table if needed.

Rod and Barry,

Please add us to your luncheon meet. Pun intended :)

Regards,

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good on you Peter and Larch, then you'll see what's on the menu ;)

Rod and Barry

Edited by Rodbarry

Yes, we will be there for lunch. So far, it would appear we need a table for 10. Fortunately, the MDR is generally not crowded for lunch so we should be able to get a second table if needed.

Excellent Tom & Al, see you then if not before!

Regards

Rod and Barry

HI there Peter and Larch...couldn't help but notice your interest in trivia...ours, too! If you are looking for teammates (albeit not as knowledgeable as enthusiastic) would like to "apply". Until then, enjoy and we'll see you at lunch on Day 2....Cheers, Lee and Noboru

Greetings from Shanghai. Glad to see that the luncheon group is growing.

Thanks Rod and Barry for being the moderator for this.

The weather is unseasonably cool in China - only in the low 70's but since the humidity is high that's OK with us. Once in a while you even can see the sun peeking through the pollution! We would probably like to join the trivia group.

Jay and Al

Greetings from Shanghai. Glad to see that the luncheon group is growing.

Thanks Rod and Barry for being the moderator for this.

The weather is unseasonably cool in China - only in the low 70's but since the humidity is high that's OK with us. Once in a while you even can see the sun peeking through the pollution! We would probably like to join the trivia group.

Jay and Al

Hi Jay & Al, glad all is going well for you guys, and pity it's heavy pollution for you, makes walking round uncomfortable...hopefully you are going out of the cities where it will be better! Yes we have 10 for lunch now

Regards

Rod and Barry