Ruby 2015 Itinary

silver wedding

On another thread it is being suggested that Ruby won't be in the Caribbean in Winter Spring 2014/15. We are booked on a btob in Feb/Mar 2015 to celebrate our Ruby Wedding. According to our UK TA the cruise is still being sold. Can any of you in the rest of world tell us if our cruise is about to be cancelled? We have not had a cruise cancelled since the year of 9/11 when Princess cancelled their European season we were compensated then because we were willing to fly to the US. Will they compensate us this time or just cancel? HELP

On another thread it is being suggested that Ruby won't be in the Caribbean in Winter Spring 2014/15. We are booked on a btob in Feb/Mar 2015 to celebrate our Ruby Wedding. According to our UK TA the cruise is still being sold. Can any of you in the rest of world tell us if our cruise is about to be cancelled? We have not had a cruise cancelled since the year of 9/11 when Princess cancelled their European season we were compensated then because we were willing to fly to the US. Will they compensate us this time or just cancel? HELP

We're booked on a back to back on Ruby starting 24th Jan for 7 days then a 14 day starting 31st Jan. Had an email today saying Ruby is going to South America on 31st Jan and we will be moved on to Caribbean Princess after the first 7 day cruise! Not ideal at all and the compensation....$30 per cabin! Now we don't know what to do and will probably cancel :(

I just called Princess and they checked with their dispatch dept and did confirm that the Ruby Princess is being replaced by the Caribbean Princess as of Jan 31 2015. He said this just happened in the last day or so, so their computers are not even updated yet with the Caribbean Princess itineraries to let us know if that will stay the same, and if we will be moved to the same cabin etc. He said to call back on Monday when their computers update to reflect this new ship.

This is not good. I have already commented on the other thread.

We have booked the Ruby as a b2b2b starting 21st March 2015. I have heard nothing from Princess as yet, but, when i check my personaliser i have noticed that the 4 adults in our travelling party (2 cabins) have all been given a meagre $30 each. I also notice that the prices are no longer available for our 'booked' cruises........:(

We were going to be celebrating my 50th birthday on cruise 1.....:mad:

Pete

Our longtime TA called to let us know Ruby would be canceled beginning 1/24/15.

According to her, the Caribbean Princess would begin a new itinerary beginning 1/31/15 but full itinerary details aren't out yet but she's checking into it.

In the meantime please let us know what you're hearing.

LuLu

~~~

Just received a message from Princess regarding out back to back Ruby March 7 & 14, 2015 Caribbean cruise. We have been changed to Caribbean Princess for that trip. Same cabin and deck assignment that we had on Ruby and as ship configuration is identical except for a few design areas there really is no change for us other than the ship. That said I am not happy about the change as our friends were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary which is their Ruby anniversary. Additionally we sailed on the Caribbean Princess when she first came out and the ship was not to my liking so much that I had said I would not sail on her again. When they went to the new class of ships after the Grand class the Caribbean was the first and all they did was to add an entire deck of passengers without changing the public spaces to accommodate the extra capacity. Needless to say this made for terrible crowding in the public spaces that were later improved with Crown, Emerald and Ruby. I agree with previous posters that $30 is sorely lacking in compensation however the cruise line does reserve that right to change. So far no other itinerary looks good. May have to break down and go with Caribbean. After all any cruise is a good cruise - L

Looks like we will be getting the Ruby on the West Coast! That will be great. It will be interesting to see the 2015 itineraries when they come out...

That is one of the issues when planning crises so far ahead... Never know what will happen!

To all, I hope you find new cruises to replace the Ruby ones!

Looks like we will be getting the Ruby on the West Coast! That will be great. It will be interesting to see the 2015 itineraries when they come out...

That is one of the issues when planning crises so far ahead... Never know what will happen!

To all, I hope you find new cruises to replace the Ruby ones!

Thank you Nina.....you are right, however, it does come as a bit of shock when the word 'cancelled' is thrown around.

We have yet to hear the official word from Princess but we do have $30 extra added into our OBC on the cruise personaliser :rolleyes:

Pete

Thank you Nina.....you are right, however, it does come as a bit of shock when the word 'cancelled' is thrown around.

We have yet to hear the official word from Princess but we do have $30 extra added into our OBC on the cruise personaliser :rolleyes:

Pete

I have just found$15 in my cruise personaliser is this for Ruby's change or are Princess just being generous and will I get the other $15 when I'm notified officially.

I have just found$15 in my cruise personaliser is this for Ruby's change or are Princess just being generous and will I get the other $15 when I'm notified officially.

I am thinking we have the $30 because we have booked 2 cruises. We booked a 7 nighter followed by a 14 nighter , therefore i guess it equates to $15 per cruise booked.

Bit stingy i think.

We are not happy.....don't know what to do now for the best.

Pete

I am thinking we have the $30 because we have booked 2 cruises. We booked a 7 nighter followed by a 14 nighter , therefore i guess it equates to $15 per cruise booked.

Bit stingy i think.

We are not happy.....don't know what to do now for the best.

Pete

Ours is a btob 14day stingy doesn't come near. An upgrade would be nicer.

We are on the 31/1 14 day sailing and will probably stick with it as we've sailed on the Caribbean Princess before and enjoyed it . The $30 is neither here nor there as it is such a small amount but is at least a nice gesture . We have had cruises cancelled previously with no compensation at all .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Blame Venice!

If they hadn't restricted cruise ships, then Princess would not have to move a smaller ship into the Med next year and the Ruby would not be moving to the West Coast for Alaska. Princess is doing what they have to do to maintain their presence in Alaska and still sail to Venice.

Our longtime TA called to let us know Ruby would be canceled beginning 1/24/15.

According to her, the Caribbean Princess would begin a new itinerary beginning 1/31/15 but full itinerary details aren't out yet but she's checking into it.

In the meantime please let us know what you're hearing.

LuLu

~~~

As of now, it appears that the Ruby cruises starting in 01/31/15 have been canceled. Some, but not all of the Caribbean's cruises apparently have been canceled also starting on 01/31/15 and the new open slots don't match the canceled Ruby cruises. There must be more to come :confused:

Your cruise has been cancelled.

As of now, it appears that the Ruby cruises starting in 01/31/15 have been canceled. Some, but not all of the Caribbean's cruises apparently have been canceled also starting on 01/31/15 and the new open slots don't match the canceled Ruby cruises. There must be more to come :confused:
Looking at some of the Caribbean canceled cruises, it appears that space has been made available to transfer all of the canceled Ruby cruises except for those departing on 02/21, 02/28, 03/21 and 03/28 to the Caribbean.

Looking at some of the Caribbean canceled cruises, it appears that space has been made available to transfer all of the canceled Ruby cruises except for those departing on 02/21, 02/28, 03/21 and 03/28 to the Caribbean.

I'm booked on 02/21 & 02/28 what is happening to passengers booked on these cruises. I have found $15 in my account but with no explanation.

I'm booked on 02/21 & 02/28 what is happening to passengers booked on these cruises. I have found $15 in my account but with no explanation.
Don't know what to tell you. When they moved the date of the Sapphire's relocation cruise to Asia from May to April, a booking on the new cruise just showed up on our Personalizer. You should contact Princess or your TA. Still showing on the CB's schedule for that period is a 5 Day Western Caribbean on 02/21, a Day Eastern Caribbean on 02/26 and a 5 Day Western Caribbean on 03/02.

I have contacted my TA and e-mailed Princess neither have come back to me yet. Things should sort out tomorrow as it is a normal working day. I have just found a very good cruise on P&O so I now have alternatives if Princess are unable to meet our needs. We don't fancy going back to FLL 3 times if that is the offer.