Thomson Majesty Dry-Dock

It's hard to tell off those pictures but I don't think its the buffet at the front of the ship, those windows at the front are really sloping.

It could be an extension to the Piazza San Marco on deck 10, this would give more room for tables and also shade the kids club area better.

Edited by joeholiday2

its a mystery??

is it the lido buffet or the san marco one??

and

new sundeck behind the funnel?? surely not :confused: (soot/smuts/fumes?)....but where else could they put a new sundeck tho?? they already have one at the front:confused:

On FB today it says "we're building a new buffet on deck 10" and "work has started on the new sun deck on deck 11".

I wasn't far off then...:)

We never sat on that deck behind the funnel so don't know about the soot there, we did use the small sundeck on deck 8 that is at the back but never had any soot issues.

Have people ever complained on here about soot on that rear deck 11?

I don't recall anyone mentioning it.

I think the wind tunnel effect was due a lot to the side curtains on Destiny.

Piazza San Marco doesn't seem too bad, as it's more open at the sides towards the back.

I would think that the engines on Majesty are a lot more efficient and cleaner than on Destiny, hopefully no soot problems then. It was really bad on the Destiny at times.

agree on the engines joe...yes newer so probably more efficient...after all the destiny ran on hamsters didnt it:)

Imo..if they are covering the san marco and creating more sunbed space above? then they will be solving one problem (lack of buffet table space) and creating another (destiny style al fresco/wind tunnel buffet tables) comes into its own when the weather is good but I dont think it will cut it in the atlantic (canaries)

I'm hoping it will be the lido buffet that is being extended?....but they cant cover over half the lido/pool with a sundeck...can they?

The Piazza San Marco was not open when we were on her last February. I think the weather was not good enough. Surely if they cover it in completely, it will not be a wind tunnel. TBH I didn't really take a lot of notice of the design as it wasn't open :o

This time last year we were on her, on our way back to Tenerife to fly home :(:(

We used the Piazzo San Marco a lot in March, April and especially in September. Lots of others did too as it was a quiet, calm part of the ship with tea/coffee and food handy, and was often a sun trap. DH preferred it to the sun decks.

This is now on Thomson's FB page:

"The new buffet restaurant is found at the back of Thomson Majesty on Deck 10, where Piazza San Marco was. It will be fully enclosed, so it’s a new indoor dining option, and the roof will form the new deck space on Deck 11."

They are also saying it will be ready by March 13th.

Edited by Sheila49

This is now on Thomson's FB page:

"The new buffet restaurant is found at the back of Thomson Majesty on Deck 10, where Piazza San Marco was. It will be fully enclosed, so it’s a new indoor dining option, and the roof will form the new deck space on Deck 11."

They are also saying it will be ready by March 13th.

Well they certainly need more deck space but I liked to sit out in the fresh air in San Marco when the sun was shining. :(. My next two cruises are booked on the Dream but I would love to see these new alterations.

Well they certainly need more deck space but I liked to sit out in the fresh air in San Marco when the sun was shining. :(. My next two cruises are booked on the Dream but I would love to see these new alterations.

I loved sitting out there too Jakanne. I hope we will still be able to have our lunch on the new deck or will it be all sunbeds?