Possible new menu dessert changes in light of JH's Facebook question?

wantocruisemore

We were on the Glory in December for the first week they rolled out the new menus. They have changed the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and we heard many people say they did not like the new cake.

How is it changed other than the name? I know even on the same cruise sometimes it would be slightly different, ie more cooked throughout than others.

Who knows why he asked it. He does like to stir the pot (see the smoking post of his earlier this week). He knows it will provoke reactions on both sides. Loves to throw red meat to the rabid cheerleaders. WCMC vs. Bitter and Blanc, seems like a strange thing to compare.

Edited by techstar

Who knows why he asked it. He does like to stir the pot (see the smoking post of his earlier this week). He knows it will provoke reactions on both sides. Loves to throw red meat to the rabid cheerleaders. WCMC vs. Bitter and Blanc, seems like a strange thing to compare.

I know he likes to stir up talk, but it just seemed odd he would ask that since B & B is not on the new menu right now at all.

To make a genuine quality creme brulee is neither easy or cheap, I like to serve mine with a good Tokay

[ATTACH]301406[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]301407[/ATTACH] clic on pic to make bigger

That is cool...I love the warmer serving with the carmalized sugar on top...

WCMC is just a bit too rich..I am not against it but wow...

I never got to try bitter and blanc..boo hoo...what was it like?

I have looked and i don't know if it is my age but old traditional type menus with choices and tablecloths..are so much better than the new no tablecloth more family restaurant style...

And I adored the cold soups..and warm soups..and fruit and fruit soups for dessert..sigh..to me that was the classey continental flair and choice level i loved...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

How is it changed other than the name? I know even on the same cruise sometimes it would be slightly different, ie more cooked throughout than others.

I don't think I've had it served the same twice. The two extremes were like chocolate syrup and a fully cooked dried muffin size cake. I'm still not sure what it's supposed to be, and now skip it altogether.

I prefer raisinless bread pudding anyway.

All I do know is the new menu with desserts is a royal dud.

Edited by SeaGoingDAD

"All I do know is the new menu with desserts is a royal dud."

By Sea Going Dad...Love it...

Best quote of the day for the new menu....boy I hope the trials teach them it was a mistake and newbies are not impressed as well!!!

i guess i interpreted differently. More like a poll (how many like "a", how many like "b", etc.), than a change to the menu. I would think it's easy enough to find out which desserts are the most popular or requested just by asking the chefs and the wait staff on each ship. I'm not much of a cake person. I prefer pie, whether it's a fruit pie, such as peach or apple, or a cream type pie, such as coconut or banana. And, most any type of cookies.;):)

+1!!!

That is cool...I love the warmer serving with the carmalized sugar on top...

WCMC is just a bit too rich..I am not against it but wow...

I never got to try bitter and blanc..boo hoo...what was it like?

I have looked and i don't know if it is my age but old traditional type menus with choices and tablecloths..are so much better than the new no tablecloth more family restaurant style...

And I adored the cold soups..and warm soups..and fruit and fruit soups for dessert..sigh..to me that was the classey continental flair and choice level i loved...Sarah

I dont know why people get so excited over WCMC, from memory it was a rather crudely executed chocolate fondant.

My wife and I when eating outside the home prefer that the table is dressed for the occasion.

Try this, roll some all butter puff pastry out very thinly, cut in a circle and place on a baking sheet, prick all over with a fork the cover with shaving of good quality marzipan.Peel and core a firm dessert apple the slice using a mandolin, lay the slices on the marzipan to cover, brush with a little honey and bake near the top of a red hot oven till the edges of the apples start to caramelize.Serve with birds instant custard;)

I dont know why people get so excited over WCMC, from memory it was a rather crudely executed chocolate fondant.

My wife and I when eating outside the home prefer that the table is dressed for the occasion.

Try this, roll some all butter puff pastry out very thinly, cut in a circle and place on a baking sheet, prick all over with a fork the cover with shaving of good quality marzipan.Peel and core a firm dessert apple the slice using a mandolin, lay the slices on the marzipan to cover, brush with a little honey and bake near the top of a red hot oven till the edges of the apples start to caramelize.Serve with birds instant custard;)

You sir are fun!! Thank you. I even have some of my dad's good dessert apples left from the tree this summer..

I will have to research the bird's instant custard. I enjoyed the Guardian post on cheese..but I am a big weakling on cheese..I need it mild and not too goaty..in fact only a very very mild feta. Like Tillamook Cheddar..a good one in Oregon that stocks many a west coast US good regular cheddar above a store brand level's kitchen.... but this is not what we are talking about..but I knew I was missing this one taste and digest delicacy..maybe would love port and fancy mild ones..

But this idea is brilliant..I will have to share with dad..we lost our wife/mom and this will be another fun cope thing..thanks, he now makes one mean apple pie with those apples..perfection and the even slicing is a big part of it...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

You sir are fun!! Thank you. I even have some of my dad's good dessert apples left from the tree this summer..

I will have to research the bird's instant custard. I enjoyed the Guardian post on cheese..but I am a big weakling on cheese..I need it mild and not too goaty..in fact only a very very mild feta. Like Tillamook Cheddar..a good one in Oregon that stocks many a west coast US good regular cheddar above a store brand level's kitchen.... but this is not what we are talking about..but I knew I was missing this one taste and digest delicacy..maybe would love port and fancy mild ones..

But this idea is brilliant..I will have to share with dad..we lost our wife/mom and this will be another fun cope thing..thanks, he now makes one mean apple pie with those apples..perfection and the even slicing is a big part of it...Sarah

until I married the current and much younger Mrs Haul the fun aspect of my persona was a double edged sword.Serbian feta tends to be made out of cows milk and is quite mild, the Greeks also produce feta from the cow but many regard this as heresy.Over here in Cheshire we like cheese that is strong enough to make your teeth itch.

The Birds custard was a poor pun.I wish you both good health.My Ma is 98 this year.

http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

until I married the current and much younger Mrs Haul the fun aspect of my persona was a double edged sword.Serbian feta tends to be made out of cows milk and is quite mild, the Greeks also produce feta from the cow but many regard this as heresy.Over here in Cheshire we like cheese that is strong enough to make your teeth itch.

The Birds custard was a poor pun.I wish you both good health.My Ma is 98 this year.

http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

Well thanks so much for making this fun and many blessings to your wife and Ma..My grandmothers both lived long like that..the one I was closest to..even in being away over 20 years..I always got back to see alot and had a long good time with her at the end..I am Scot, English, Irish, and German..a real mix..but I think that helps with health...

LOL on the new learning's and thanks...Sarah

Another vote for creme brûlée (it was cold on my last cruise and it's not good cold) ~ I do hope they keep the Bitter and Blanc though, I really like it...I feel pretty certain they will still have Warm Chocolate Melting Cake!!

And I actually prefer the Crem Brulee cool/cold which may be while i love it Carnival.