Last Breakaway bus from Disney

geegee1

If I remember correctly it was around 7:00 pm / 7:30 pm. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Trying to figure if it's worth going knowing how crowded it's going to be the week of February Break. The parks are supposed to be at a crowd level of 7 out of 10. Argh!

Thanks. Trying to figure if it's worth going knowing how crowded it's going to be the week of February Break. The parks are supposed to be at a crowd level of 7 out of 10. Argh!

We go on the New York to Bahamas Cruise during Spring Break (Not February Break) every year and every year, we go to either a Disney Property or Universal. Trust me, I know about those lines.

We never take the ship's excursion. We buy our park tickets online and Rent a Car from Port Canaveral. We save over $200.00 that way. We ask the kids to choose their 2 "must do" rides in advance.

My husband and I separate and each take a child to their chosen rides. We meet up for dinner. They always get on their chosen rides and we get to do a few together too. My kids are now 9 and 12 and they still choose Universal/Disney over any other excursion despite the crowds.

For us, it is worth it. :)

...We never take the ship's excursion. We buy our park tickets online and Rent a Car from Port Canaveral...

Great idea. Just concerned that all of the rental car companies seem to close at 6 or earlier. We don't need to be on board until 7:30 or so.

When you get off of the ship, the shuttle vans are at the pier to take you to the rental lots. Hertz, Budget, Dollar, all there. The offices close around 6 pm and you return the car and drop the key in a night lock box they provide. There are taxis waiting at the car rental lot to take you back to the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went on the NCL excursion last Feb during Presidents week. It was PACKED! Worse than summer crowds. Also, when I went last year I was on the Jewel and the ship was leaving the port at 10:00pm. The BA leaves at 9:00 so your losing an hour. The last bus when I went left at 8:15pm. All aboard was 9:30pm. All aboard for your sailing will be 8:30, so the last bus will be around 7:15pm.

We docked in PC at 12:00pm. I was on the first bus from the port to Disney and I was in Magic Kingdom by 1:30.

I wouldn't do the Disney excursion again during a school holiday week. The crowds were crazy. We were 2 adults and no kids.

Hi - I'm a Florida resident, and we spend many weeks out of the year in Disney. That said, you couldn't pay me to go President's week. I'd reconsider this one. Sorry!!

Hi - I'm a Florida resident, and we spend many weeks out of the year in Disney. That said, you couldn't pay me to go President's week. I'd reconsider this one. Sorry!!

I know. We've been to Disney almost every year and were just there in September. The only reason we're even considering it is because we were able to get reservation with the Princesses in Norway at Epcot.

I know. We've been to Disney almost every year and were just there in September. The only reason we're even considering it is because we were able to get reservation with the Princesses in Norway at Epcot.

Just an FYI, if you book through NCL you can only pick 1 park to go to. It's not a park hopper option. So you would have to pick Epcot as your park for the day. Also, the bus leaves you at the transportation and ticket center and you would need to take the monorail to Epcot. You get the bus later to go back at the same spot. You need to take into consideration the time it would take for transportation back to the bus.

You can also buy your tix on your own if you prefer a park hopper and just pay for the bus ride through NCL. I think it's around $75pp for just the bus ride. I've read about people doing the renal car option and I did think of doing that myself but it was just the 2 of us. If we were more than 2 it's less money doing the rental car.

If you're doing Epcot, you should be fine. I assumed you meant the Magic Kingdom. Epcot is a different story. Go and have fun!

I went on the Jewel in Oct 12 and three busses went to Disney. They get you off the ship right away and to the transfer station since I wanted to go to Epcot. That is where the busses stayed. Basically once there are enough people to fill a bus it heads back to the ship. It was well organized and I was impressed.

Edited by BrPanthers99

Been to WDW many, many times and we know our way around the parks with ease. Be that as it may, I'd never consider going during President's week, particularly when you don't even arrive until early afternoon and have only about 7 hours max to enjoy a park. Just way, way too expensive.

Now, if they had the option to just go to Downtown Disney, I'd consider that. To a park though? Nope.

We will be on this same cruise. Having sailed this itinerary a few times, we just skip WDW now. We go to WDW very often and don't feel the need to go. President's week is VERY crowded at WDW. I have been during this week many times as well. If you're OK with not doing a lot of rides, and just enjoying the sights, then definitely go. But coming from a WDW fanatic, it's definitely like a tease to go for a few hours and not be able to do much of anything. ;)

Edited by ilovewdw

We will be on this same cruise. Having sailed this itinerary a few times, we just skip WDW now. We go to WDW very often and don't feel the need to go. President's week is VERY crowded at WDW. I have been during this week many times as well. If you're OK with not doing a lot of rides, and just enjoying the sights, then definitely go. But coming from a WDW fanatic, it's definitely like a tease to go for a few hours and not be able to do much of anything. ;)

That's the thing. We've been there a bunch of times. Figured out when we were there in September that my oldest has spent more than a month of her 8yrs on Disney property. If it was just the lines and crowds it would be a no brainer to not do it. Two weeks ago (my mistake for even trying) we were somehow able to get reservations for lunch(3p) with the Princesses in Norway (which my daughters have also done the last 2 years we've been to Disney). My wife is concerned that this will be the last time that our 8yo will enjoy it and all that.

That's the thing. We've been there a bunch of times. Figured out when we were there in September that my oldest has spent more than a month of her 8yrs on Disney property. If it was just the lines and crowds it would be a no brainer to not do it. Two weeks ago (my mistake for even trying) we were somehow able to get reservations for lunch(3p) with the Princesses in Norway (which my daughters have also done the last 2 years we've been to Disney). My wife is concerned that this will be the last time that our 8yo will enjoy it and all that.

We have been and stayed on property at the minimum twice a month for the last 12 years. Trust me - they do not get tired of the character meals LOL Mine is 16, and she still likes to do The Crystal Palace. ;)

LOL...you sound like me. Our kids have been to WDW no less than 20 trips. I have an 8 year old DD, too. We should get them together on the Breakaway!

As far as the Akershus Princess ressie...let it go. It's not like they've never been before or won't be back again. I just think its a long trip and expensive, just to spend a few hours there. Especially if you're a WDW vet!

Thanks everyone for all of your input. Looks like we're going to cancel and either enjoy the ship or go to Cocoa Beach for the day.

...I have an 8 year old DD, too. We should get them together on the Breakaway!...

Sounds good. We're going to register them for the Kids Club right away. On every other vacation they're pretty good about going up and introducing themselves to any kid around.

We have been and stayed on property at the minimum twice a month for the last 12 years. Trust me - they do not get tired of the character meals LOL Mine is 16, and she still likes to do The Crystal Palace. ;)

Heck, I'm a 47 year old man, been to WDW at least 15-20 times over my life. I love Chef Mickey's and the Crystal Palace! :D

But I still wouldn't bother with the expense and hassle to go to Disney for six hours. I'd leave and feel liked I missed out!

Heck, I'm a 47 year old man, been to WDW at least 15-20 times over my life. I love Chef Mickey's and the Crystal Palace! :D

But I still wouldn't bother with the expense and hassle to go to Disney for six hours. I'd leave and feel liked I missed out!

Chef Mickey's is the best!! :D