Another Recommendation for Car Services in the South of England --- WOODFORD CH. CARS

I'd like to offer another option for car service in the south of England, covering all major cruise ports, and London and places of interest around London. We recently cruised on the Golden Princess, r/t Southampton. We went early, so as to be able to spend some time in London, and to see some of the surrounding areas, including Bath, Oxford, Stratford, Warwick Castle, etc.

Searching the CC boards, I 'lucked into' finding Woodford Chauffeur Cars. So many people had said such wonderful things, I just had to check them out! What a wonderful experience it turned out to be!

From the moment I contacted them, I found them to be responsive, courteous, helpful, and 'friendly'. Not only were we able to make arrangements for all our transfer AND touring plans (with many helpful suggestions from Woodford), but, on finding out that we were hoping to attend Wimbledon, they even went out of their way to try to obtain tickets for us!! And, we found their rates to be extremely reasonable. (Just as an example: the cruise lines charge approximately $80 per person for the bus ----- crammed in, waiting for the bus to fill up, etc. ---- Woodford charged only 90 GBP [i don't have a symbol for pounds] -

so, even if there were only 2 of us, we would be just about 'breaking even'. But how can one compare sitting on a bus with the convenience, comfort, 'luxury', care and attention of a limo?)

It was a pleasure dealing with a company which is not only efficient, and has the new cars, nice and competent drivers [that I'm sure all the companies have], but one which is warm, friendly, ........... and helpful too!

I learned from reading the CC message boards, and I guess I feel I'd like to 'return the favor' and pass along this recommendation. Check them out!:)

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk

my parents were on the QM2 and used woodford. the way they talk about them....you would think it was an excursion that they took. from the very beginning every detail was handled meticulously. the price was right and everything about the experience was very professional. two thumbs up!!!

I will throw in my recommendation here also. We used them during the first part of July to provide transportation for nine people from Central London to Southampton and then Southampton back to Heathrow, and they were great. Making arrangements with Woodford Chauffeur Cars was one of the few things I did right on this vacation. :) If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to try to answer them.

Joni

Thanks for this recommendation. We are planning a British Isles trip for next summer on the Golden Princess and prefer to arrange our own transportation and tours. We will have a group of 8. I will certainly contact them.

Does Woodford have an office located in Southampton? We will be in SH in October and I would like to talk face to face with them and arrange some trips. I went to the web site and it looks great.

Grace

Does Woodford have an office located in Southampton? We will be in SH in October and I would like to talk face to face with them and arrange some trips. I went to the web site and it looks great.

Grace

Hi Gracecarmo,I think that the office is in Farnborough,Hants which is not near Southampton

Regards

John

Archived