Celebrity Suites or NCL Haven

guerchino

We have an upcoming trip scheduled on the Connie in a Sky Suite. The thread about future dining options has me wondering about NCL Haven suites. Could those of you who have sailed on both please give a sense of pro and con for each. Thanks

We have had a penthouse suite (not Haven) on NCL because we prefer the aft and an S1 on Celebrity. Both had great cabins. Entertainment was better on NCL, but that is all that was better. Our butlers and concierges were nothing compared to our butler on Celebrity. The MDR on NCL really had gone downhill in food and service by our third NCL cruise. The pools were crowded and noisy. Celebrity had wonderful service and food in both Blu for breakfast and dinner and the MDR for lunch. We also had dinner in two specialty restaurants included in the price. Both were much better than NCL's . The adult only sanctuary pool was quiet and covered. Mostly it was the atmosphere on Celebrity that we loved, the service by all and the other passengers were just more our style.

When we looked at Med cruises for the fall, we really considered NCL because the penthouse suites were so much less expensive than the Celebrity S1, but we decided on Celebrity because we only cruise once a year, and we know everything will be special.Be sure to read what some have written about unruly children in the Haven.

A Sky Suite is a nice sized cabin and it comes with a butler on Celebrity. Depending on what cabin class you might be interested in on NCL and on what ship, not all NCL ships offer The Haven experience so a suite then is about even in terms of levels of service for both lines.

Where The Haven expereince comes into play is in terms of Concierge that is present and conveniently available from my point of view. And they will do go out of their way to accomodate you. Not a I'll try. Its a done deal. I realize that Celebrity has a concierge program, but its not like The Haven on NCL.

It is well known that the best suite program is The Haven on NCL.

We have enjoyed suites on Celebrity often and the suites are wonderful accommodations, there is no doubt about that. I don't find the service levels in suites on Celebrity for suite guests to be any different that the service levels in a non-suite cabin, and we have had plenty of them too.

That has been the biggest disappointment for us despite hoping and wishing there would be somehting a bit more extraordinary.

So I'd say unless you plan to experience The Haven, and that can be more costly than a SS on Celebrity IMHO, stay where you are if you enjoy the Celebrity experience for the ship and itinerary you have planned. But don't expect that the one on one service level is beyond what you would pay for a higher end standard cabin with tea and canapés.