suite experience vs regular cabin on getaway

gingerfox

we have booked a gty balcony cabin on the getaway. Getting down because many of the sistership/breakaway reviews are negative. with most of the positive reviews coming from those that enjoyed the haven or suite life.

It will be our first experience with NCL after cruising both rcl and carnival.

Also just the megaship reviews in general seem more negative.

Can any one in regular balcony cabin share positive reviews with me please?

We sailed in a regular balcony on Breakaway (it was an aft balcony, so the balcony was bigger, but the room itself was the same as the other balcony staterooms. No Haven access). I enjoyed Breakaway - loved the restaurant choices. Loved playing darts at O'Sheehan's. I thought the pool deck was very choppy, but Spice H2O is nice.

Obviously Getaway is a bit different and has a different itinerary. But I think you'll like it just fine. Just remember it is a megaship. There are 4000 passengers. The one thing that bothers me is when people come back and say "it was so crowded". Um, yeah. THere's 4000 passengers. But NCL does a great job of having enough going on and enough to do that the passengers are really displaced around the ship. I didn't find it crowded.

and my balcony stateroom was really nice.

we have booked a gty balcony cabin on the getaway. Getting down because many of the sistership/breakaway reviews are negative. with most of the positive reviews coming from those that enjoyed the haven or suite life.

It will be our first experience with NCL after cruising both rcl and carnival.

Also just the megaship reviews in general seem more negative.

Can any one in regular balcony cabin share positive reviews with me please?

I would not judge the Getaway by the Breakaway reviews. I have a feeling the Getaway is going to be a much better experience than others have had on the Breakaway.

Im going on the Getaway in April. Ive done tons of research about the rooms.

First, the Haven rooms START at about $1800 per person. For me, they were not an option!

Only other suites available were the SPA suites and Mini suites.

The difference between these suites and a regular balcony is location of the cabin and the bathrooms. The room itself and balcony (unless you specifically book a "large balcony" in these categories) are identical in shape and size to a balcony cabin. The mini and spa suites have a slightly larger bathroom.

I would not change your balcony cabin unless the extra sink in the bathroom and special jet shower is worth it to you.

That being said..I booked a family balcony and got a free upgrade to a minisuite. For free...Ill take it!

Edited by DISNEY1975

"The difference between these suites and a regular balcony is location of the cabin and the bathrooms. The room itself and balcony (unless you specifically book a "large balcony" in these categories) are identical in shape and size to a balcony cabin. The mini and spa suites have a slightly larger bathroom."

No, the difference is the Haven lounge, restaurant a private pool area. It is amazing and beautiful. So relaxing and quiet. An amazing place to escape the crowds.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

"The difference between these suites and a regular balcony is location of the cabin and the bathrooms. The room itself and balcony (unless you specifically book a "large balcony" in these categories) are identical in shape and size to a balcony cabin. The mini and spa suites have a slightly larger bathroom."

No, the difference is the Haven lounge, restaurant a private pool area. It is amazing and beautiful. So relaxing and quiet. An amazing place to escape the crowds.

I agree with the other poster. The "private pool" is so darn small ... it wouldn't be worth it to me. We book cabins with large balconies - whether they are aft-facing or otherwise. Plenty of room to escape the masses if you want to. Also, on the Breakaway, many many folks have complained that the Haven is anything but. Not sure I'd waste the money for that ship.

I believe the difference between a mini suite and regular balcony is mainly the addition of a bathroom. And a spa suite will grant you access to the spa.

I haven't cruised on the Breakaway or the Getaway yet, (I'm booked in an aft penthouse on the Breakaway in May), but I certainly wouldn't take the opinion of someone who hasn't experienced it yet into consideration.

There are certain balcony cabins that have much larger balconies than the norm. I wish you the best of luck with your gty, (you've booked a balcony cabin on a cruise ship:D!!), and I hope you get a GREAT surprise! Have a swell cruise. :)

I was referring to the mini suites and Spa suites.

The Haven lounge only comes with the Haven Suites, generally starting at $1800 pp.

Edited by DISNEY1975

It truly depends on what you are looking for, and what your needs will be. No, we haven't sailed either ship yet. But we know our tastes, and we are not people who really care much about our cabin. We just aren't in it much. We have a balcony to get a bit of air if we want it at night, or just to hear the water now and then. I am not a spa person, and would rather go to a nice one on land for less money, so no need for a spa suite. Bathrooms? If I have somewhere to get clean and a toilet I'm happy. Butler? I'd be mortified! (That's just my personality. I have trouble in a hospital bed asking a nurse to bring me water. I just hate that. Ha!) Anyway, my point is that none of the extras for a suite were anything we cared about, so no sense spending the extra money. So you need to ask yourself those questions. It really does depend on how you plan to use your cabin, and whether you want any extra pampering.

I was talking about the mini suites and Spa suites.

The Haven lounge only comes with the Haven Suites, generally starting at $1800 pp.

There is a difference between Spa Suite and Spa Mini-Suite - Spa Suite is a full suite with all perks including the Haven access whereas Mini-Suite with or without Spa access doesn't.

You did never write Spa Mini-Suite even when you were referring to it, it seems.

Also all full suites on post-Epic ships are Haven suites so many do not even mention that as it is redundant, but leaving out "Mini" from Mini-Suite really changes the meaning.

Edited by Demonyte