does Carnival have cruises to both....

Cookson

Carnival goes to both places, but not on the same 1 one week cruise. Jamaica is the Western Caribbean and San Juan is the Eastern Caribbean.

You could do a B2B on Freedom it goes to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios on the Western, and Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the Eastern.

You could also do a B2B on Breeze with its Eastern & Western routes.

Edited by jwalk03

Its over 700 miles from Jamaica to Puerto Rico. One is the Western Carriibean and one is the Eastern Carribbean. There is no way to do both of these ports on the same 7-day roundtrip cruise. As previously mentioned you might be able to do both on a Repo cruise, but that would almost certainly be longer then 7 days, though maybe shorter than doing a 14-day B2B.

Edited by jwalk03

Just because it has been mentioned a couple times, our repositioning cruise on the Pride does not hit either & is 14 nights.

Otherwise the advice given is the same from me. In my very limited experience our cruise on RCCL that left from San Juan went to the Southern Caribbean & thus skipped Jamaica.

If you look at a map you will see why

one is east.. San Juan

one is west - Jamaica

in the middle of the Caribbean is the huge land mass of Cuba <grin> really many cruises sail around Cuba to the east or the west

realistically the time/fuel to do both is not gonna happen, not until the US allows us to port at Cuba then we might see more cruises like that

a repo cruise might...might...combine the two

Also people here wonder "why" the Gulf coast cruises only go to the western ports (or sometimes Bahama key west)...again look at a map

in 7 nights that is as far as they can go

Cruises from Miami and Ft Lauderdale have much more freedom to travel both directions and can get to a lot more places

an 8 night from Miami stops at one more port than an 8 night from Port Canaveral - just a matter of distance and time and fuel

It is what it is...no other cruise line will combine those two ports either

In fact, some cruiselines (Royal) seem to go less places than most - ie, a 4 night cruise on Royal is ONLY Cozumel where Carnival squeezes in a short stop at Key West

Ok, I'll just have to do two different cruises. Looks like we'll do a 6 nighter first to ocho Rios with the other stops being grand Cayman and Cozumel. This will be our sons first cruise and my wife and I's 5th overall.

Darn... b2b would be too long as were taking our then 4 year old. I know this is a Carnival page, but is there any other cruise lines that would do this. Max 7 days.

I did a western/eastern B2B with a 4 and a 6YO on the valor. When we were disembarking, my (almost) 4YO was crying "next time can we do a fwee (3) weeks cwuise?!"