NCL Star - Mini Suite Questions

bac432

We are sailing to the Mexican Riviera next month on the Star and we have a few questions. Any help would be appreciated!:)

We are booked in a Mini Suite on deck 11.

Can someone tell me exactly what type of coffee maker is in the room? I'm not a coffee snob, I just like to make my own and was wondering what type of coffee supplies to bring.

Is there a refrigerator in the room? I am bringing insulin that needs to be kept cold.

Is there a television in the room? Not necessarily needed....just curious!:D

Are we allowed to bring our own food on board? ie...sugar free candy, rice cakes, coffee/tea.

Thanks for any input!!

Can someone tell me exactly what type of coffee maker is in the room? I'm not a coffee snob, I just like to make my own and was wondering what type of coffee supplies to bring.

Is there a refrigerator in the room? I am bringing insulin that needs to be kept cold.

Are we allowed to bring our own food on board? ie...sugar free candy, rice cakes, coffee/tea.

Don't know.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

We are sailing to the Mexican Riviera next month on the Star and we have a few questions. Any help would be appreciated!:)

We are booked in a Mini Suite on deck 11.

Thanks for any input!!

I haven't stayed in a mini suite, but I have stayed on one of the balcony cabins also on deck 11. My understanding is that the mini suite is basically the same with some additional room.

If it has the same coffee maker as a balcony, it is a 4-cup drip coffee machine. Bring a set of 4 cup paper filters and your own coffee; that is what we did and it was nice to have coffee that matched our tastes rather than NCL's. If it is one like in the bigger suites it is a Lavazza machine and someone else will have to tell you how to work that one.

The refrigerator is actually the mini-bar. Ask your cabin steward to empty all or part of the mini-bar selections (a common request) and use that space to keep your medicine (and whatever else) cold - although depending on size you might be able to fit your items inside without removing anything already in there as a little room is present from the start.

There is an ancient television but you only get a few ship supplied channels (one or two with recent, but not newly released, movies).

You are not supposed to bring "food" onto the ship, so no chuck roasts or the like. But I never saw anyone questioned about basic prepackaged snacks, candy, coffee, or other items similar to what you describe.

Have a great time! The Star is a good ship and the crew are wonderful.

Skallagrim

We stayed in a Mini-Suite on the Star a couple of years back.

There is a 4 cup coffee maker but the coffee may be different in different embarkation ports. They are the flat disks that you just set in. Easy to do. We are coffee drinkers, so I usually ask the room steward to bring extra packets. I take my splenda with me as they do not have it.

As for food being brought on. Anything sealed should be fine

As mentioned above the frig can be emptied if you need the space, just ask the room steward.

There is a tv in the room

We loved the Star especially the open area of the Bier Garden bar. You can have your coffee up there in the morning and enjoy the views. There wont be many people there

One of my favorite minis on Deck 11 is one that is Aft because it's a hop, skip and a jump to the Spa! It's well worth it to have at least one Spa pass and you can use the extra showers, toilet, etc. as well as the sauna and steam!

Here is a little trick we discovered: the light switch for the closet is hard to find because there is very little room between the bed and the door. Once you find it, it is much easier to use that closet!

From a CC review: "The closet in the mini-suites is located adjacent to the bed, facing the center of the room. The configuration requires reaching sideways to access the shelving since there is not a door that opens to that part of the closet. It isn't an ideal design, but is made much easier when you discover that there is, indeed, a light in the closet. It's hidden: Almost at eye-level, there is a little button at the back. Press it and presto! Light! The button is visible in the dark since it emits a soft glow, but if you don't know it's there, it makes the closet difficult to use."

Bon voyage!

Thank you all soooooo much!! Great information!! I really appreciate it. I can't wait for our cruise on the Star!

Two more questions....is there an iron in the room or should I bring a travel iron? And will I need electric outlet converters?

Thanks again! You guys are great!

Thank you all soooooo much!! Great information!! I really appreciate it. I can't wait for our cruise on the Star!

Two more questions....is there an iron in the room or should I bring a travel iron? And will I need electric outlet converters?

Thanks again! You guys are great!

No irons in the room, if you need one you can ask your room steward, he may loan you one for a short while. Please do NOT bring a travel iron they may confiscate it.

There are outlets, however we always bring our own power bar for plugging add'l devices in.

Enjoy your cruise,