Double to solo

Currently booked double occupancy on RCCL @ $500pp. If i were to switch the reservation to single, would the single supplement be added to the rate I booked at? OR.... would they price it more like a new booking and add the supplement to the current rate posted ($1200)?

Wanted to ask before I called RCCL and change something I wouldn't be able to change back.

You can always call RCCL and ask... you don't have to make the change to get the answer. But if you get the answer you are looking for, be prepared to make the change at that time, because next time you call it could be different.

Currently booked double occupancy on RCCL @ $500pp. If i were to switch the reservation to single, would the single supplement be added to the rate I booked at? OR.... would they price it more like a new booking and add the supplement to the current rate posted ($1200)?

Wanted to ask before I called RCCL and change something I wouldn't be able to change back.

You get taxes and port charges back.

RCCL reserves the right to price it as a new booking at the current rates. It's best if you call your TA or RCCL depending who you booked with to find out exactly as you will get varying answers.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I went ahead and called RCCL and mentioned that I needed to make some changes to my reservation.

I was fully expecting the 200% supplement to be applied and had a number around $1100 needed for final payment in my head. After a few keystrokes he chimed in with $850. WHAT? Turns out the supplement was reduced to 150%, and my resident discount was still applied.

Just for S&G's I did a mock booking for the same sailing, same category and it was listing $2,560:eek: