Mini Jeep Adventure and Beach - CUB9

colesc15

• 2 weeks later...

It's not impossible to find someone who has done a ship's excursion in Curacao, but it will be difficult.

Curacao is one of those ports where it's extremely easy to plan/find an activity to do on your own or with a group without paying the cruiseline rates.

If you look on Tripadvisor you will find excursions similar to what you're considering.

Curacao is one of those ports where it's extremely easy to plan/find an activity to do on your own or with a group without paying the cruiseline rates.

If you look on Tripadvisor you will find excursions similar to what you're considering.

Carnival Freedom - June 26, 2014 from 2:00-11:00 p.m.

We are traveling with a group of new high school graduates on a tight budget. What is the best thing for us to do here that doesn't cost a lot? I looked for a private tour, but there are 12 of us and no one could handle that many in one vehicle.

I have considered Irie Tours for an East Side tour which isn't bad for $25.

Another thing we were looking into was a sunset tour. I found a company that will do this for $35 but it's an additional $18 for the taxi which drives the cost up considerably.

Could we rent our own van at the pier? For 12 people or must we rent two? What time would we have to return it? I noticed that downtown closes at 6.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I would not recommend renting a car when you get in at 2 pm and are so many people.

By the time you all get organized and on the road it will be past 3 pm and you need to return the car at 6 pm.

The least expensive tour would be Irie or you could make it REAL cheap by taking public transportation to the Seaquarium beach. High school students will LOVE it there, as there is music, snorkeling, food, dancing, etc.

Has anyone done this excursion in Curacao? It's listed on Royal Caribbean's website as an excursion and was considering it. Thoughts? Opinions?

We booked this for our cruise in May. Let me know what you think of it if you decide to do it.

• 2 months later...
Still looking for input?

Looks like you may have already taken your cruise, but we did this excursion through Carnival last week and were not pleased with it at all. The majority of the excursion was off road though an area that the locals used as a dump. We didn't get to see any of Curacao as the description suggested. We spent over 45 minutes waiting for the group ahead of us to return so our group may have been cut short - I've read of others going to the Ostrich Farm (it was closed the day we were there due to a holiday), caves (we never saw any), etc. All we saw was a suburban neighborhood and the north coast - which was a bust because the low tide was in and therefore there wasn't much to see. We ended with a walk across the street from the business to a beach for about 45 minutes - 1 hour. Not worth the cost of the excursion especially when we paid less for one in Aruba the next day that was fantastic!