DIY Winery tour Livorno area

irishayes

We have decided to rent a car when we port in Livorno, and drive ourselves to Pisa, then would like to do a Tuscan winery tour, and possibly a bit of Florence.

Are there websites which lay out a DIY winery tour in the Tuscan region?

Thanks for the info.

We have decided to rent a car when we port in Livorno, and drive ourselves to Pisa, then would like to do a Tuscan winery tour, and possibly a bit of Florence.

Are there websites which lay out a DIY winery tour in the Tuscan region?

Thanks for the info.

check into the black rooster trail......

They sent up a map, but in the end we did not have enough time and did not want to taste and drive.............

It sounds like you would like to rent a car, see a bit of Pisa, tour several wineries, see a bit of Florence, and then return to the ship. I really don't think you will be able to fit all of this into one port day.

Realistic options might be:

Pisa + Florence, or

Pisa + 2 or 3 wineries or

Florence + one wineriy

(Every time I go into print with a suggestion like this, someone comes back with "You'll be fine - we saw Pisa, Florence, Orvieto, toured six wineries, had a farmhouse lunch, an olive oil tasting and a knitting lesson. It was a great day, and we didn't feel rushed at all." :D)

(Every time I go into print with a suggestion like this, someone comes back with "You'll be fine - we saw Pisa, Florence, Orvieto, toured six wineries, had a farmhouse lunch, an olive oil tasting and a knitting lesson. It was a great day, and we didn't feel rushed at all." :D)

That's so true :). Honestly, if I wanted to spend a day in and out of the car for five or ten minutes at each stop I'd just drive to the malls in Northern Jersey on a Saturday or do errands around the city (NY) pretty much any day. And that's what one of those jam packed days sounds like to me, errands rather than sightseeing or vacationing.