Any type of rental companies? (bikes, scooters etc)

singjenn

Hello! I was looking for info on any type of rental company in San Juan. We will be in port from 8 to 4. We wanted to just wander around and go to the forts but renting a bike, scooter, adult sized tricycle etc (like in Key West) would just add to the fun. I heard about one called Paradise rentals but I can't find a website for them and thought maybe they closed down.

Are there any companies like this in San Juan? Thanks!

Edited by singjenn

• 3 weeks later...

Paradise Bike rental is still open. Look for them on Tripadvisor for reviews and contact info. You can also go with a Segway tour of the city. These are not free roaming and are guided so I would look into it to see if it suits your needs.

Paradise Bike rental is still open. Look for them on Tripadvisor for reviews and contact info. You can also go with a Segway tour of the city. These are not free roaming and are guided so I would look into it to see if it suits your needs.

Thank you for your reply. I only saw one review for the bike rental place on trip advisor. I think that a segway tour would be fun but because of the same reasons you listed, I have never been interested in doing that.

If anyone else has rented bikes in San Juan, can you please ket me know how it went? Thanks!

April 2013 we spent 4 days in San Juan pre cruise. Did the Old San Juan tour which included both forts with Rent the Bicycle. Really enjoyed our tour with Nancy and planning on using their services again in December.

They are on TripAdvisor. Hope this helps.

Edited by raprice18

Are they really still open? We were in port last week and went to their office on the pier (between the coffee shop and the Segway tour office). It looked abandoned. Have they moved? We wanted to rent bicycles but ended up walking instead...

My bad guys.... Seems Paradise Rental has changed business models and now are doing water taxi-type bay tours. There is another very reputable company called Rent The Bike (look for it on google and Tripadvisor). They have guided and on-your-own rentals. They are located on the east side of the pier on the far right as you exit the ship. At the end of the street where it turns a left. But they will deliver to the ship and even to your hotel if you're staying in one.