Aruba Scuba/Snorkeling

Mink25

Hello!

My GF and I are are going on the Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas in a few weeks. We want to do a Scuba/Snorkeling trip in Aruba because we've heard it's a great place to scuba/snorkel but do not know what operator to use? Anyone have recommendations?

I scuba dive and she only snorkels so if you know of any that have a joint trip that would be great but even scuba only recommendations would be perfect (I can always contact them about the situation directly).

Thank you for all your help!

My wife and I just got off the adventure yesterday. We dove Aruba with red sail sports. It was the excursion through the ship and could not have been happier. They picked us up in the dive boat right at the peir next to the ship and dropped us off there as well. The dive sites we the antilla and the pedernalis and both were amazing.

I also highly recommend the ships diving excursion in curaçao. It's through ocean encounters and it's a wall dive right in front of there shop. It's probably my favorite carribean dive so far.

Where ever you decide to go you will have a great time because all caribbean diving is awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Check out some of the amazing video Aruba Bob posts on Google+. Their specialty is Power-Assisted Snorkeling (you cover a lot of ground, er, water with their "scooters") but they are divers too and may be able to work up some sort of custom day with them as long as you don't mind shore diving.

We went with them in October - by far the best day I've spent snorkeling ever! They take pictures - 100's of them and they are free, Stuart emails them to you before your cruise is even over usually!

Email Stuart at arubabob@live.com and he'll get right back with you. Even if they can't manage

a snorkel/dive combo he might just know who does and where to send you.

Enjoy your cruise!

We did a ships excursion with Red Sails and had a very poor experience. 1 Captain with 1 40ish female dive master no other crew and 11 divers. Low vis and strong current resulted in a big mess. I had to pull two divers back to the boat personally as the dive master was overwhelmed and the captain disinterested. Three divers were picked up by another boat. That was my only experience with Red Sails and Aruba diving.

Aruba unlike Bonaire and Curacao in not famous for it`s good diving.

We did a ships excursion with Red Sails and had a very poor experience. 1 Captain with 1 40ish female dive master no other crew and 11 divers. Low vis and strong current resulted in a big mess. I had to pull two divers back to the boat personally as the dive master was overwhelmed and the captain disinterested. Three divers were picked up by another boat. That was my only experience with Red Sails and Aruba diving.

Aruba unlike Bonaire and Curacao in not famous for it`s good diving.

I would never dive with Red Sail in Aruba again. Ever. We had similar experience. Low vis, strong current, many divers. Both dives ended up losing divers who found their own way back to the dive boat (I was one of them). The dive masters (younger male) attitude and comments afterwards on the way back to shore was unbelievable as he tried to shirk any responsibility for the fiasco. Never again.

Edited by Loves_Dogs

I'm a former SCUBA person but now I just snorkel.

The Antilla wreck seemed like an interesting place to snorkel but the waster was rough and the experience was NOT fun at all. Not the fault of the tour operator but I wasn't about to swallow a lot of sea water to prove a point. Just be aware of the weather and sea conditions.

"There are old divers

and there are bold divers

But there are no old, bold divers"

Same applies to snorkelers. :D

• 3 weeks later...

We went diving in Aruba last spring and absolutely loved it. We went with Happy Divers Aruba and they did a great job. I'd definitely go out with them again. They had two small groups going out, and they brought their own cameras and sent us all the photos a day or two later, it was a lot of fun!