Bad weather forecasted for NY on day of my Splendor Cruise

LuvTheSea14

We are sailing on the Splendor on Thursday but I am worried about the weather. The news says we are expecting a storm. They are not sure if it will be rain or snow. We are traveling from Long Island to Manhattan. Does anyone know what Carnival will do if the storm is a lot of snow? Will they delay the sailing until next day? Getting nervous

I doubt they would delay to the next day - they didn't for the last Splendor sailing where there was a poster here who missed her cruise because of the weather. Any chance you can come in the day before on LIRR? Last year I had to be at an early morning meeting in Midtown with a really lousy forecast - and 2 days before traveling I was able to use one of the online booking services to get a good deal on a hotel, right on the same block as my meeting.

I know how you feel .We got lucky and the snow held off for our cruise Feb 1 - 8th on the Liberty. We are from Chicago and the last week was nerve wracking if we were able to fly to NY then Fort Lauderdale.

Best of luck...God has been mad at us this winter..

This is one reason to have Insurance it helps for cases like this.

We are sailing on the Splendor on Thursday but I am worried about the weather. The news says we are expecting a storm. They are not sure if it will be rain or snow. We are traveling from Long Island to Manhattan. Does anyone know what Carnival will do if the storm is a lot of snow? Will they delay the sailing until next day? Getting nervous

Leave a day early if you can .

I got off the Splendor last Wednesday after the snow storm and it wasn't easy trying to get out of NYC and home that day. I was thinking of all the people trying to get there and what they were going through. I always plan to arrive (or at least leave) earlier than normal or get there a day early, just in case something unexpected comes up.

As of this morning...they are saying the storm will begin midnight on Wednesday into Thursday. I seem to recall that last weeks storm for the Splendor...they left EARLY, not late.

I, personally (if you truly believe you are going to have problems) would watch this storm very closely and by tomorrow, would decide to stay in the city or not. I would rather spend the extra $$ on a hotel room, than miss the cruise. I wish you all of the luck (and everyone) trying to get to the port Thursday.

I don't think they will delay the sailing. If anything, they will leave right on time. I'll be on this cruise as well and I'm leaving tomorrow from the Jersey Shore.

I will be at my sister's house..she's only 30 minutes from the port. Not taking the chance on waiting to leave until Thursday.

I would try to go night before too..I know it is frustrating to be so close and yet so far in these situations...try to use the booking engines..i know NYC is EXTREMELY expensive..but maybe even the hotels offer an emergency weather deal..so many need it...Bon voyage prayers...

I had a last minute Rate at Travel Inn in Midtown..last May for a concert and week I spent there..for around 200 a nite..through a booking engine...

http://www.thetravelinnhotel.com/. I was very sticker shocked but told by everyone it was a great last minute deal...good thoughts...Sarah

Edited by sjn911