Sign and Sail - Teens - Specific Question

exitoffnine

We are taking our 11th cruise with our three kids - 18,16,14 - Historically, on both CCL and RCCL, we didn't allow our kids to have charging privileges on their sign and sail. It was never a problem - if they wanted something extra, they asked and we gave. We didn't have to stress about their mistaken charges, etc. that way.

Last cruise was on RCCL and we did two things: a) as we had before, they did NOT have charging privileges to our master account but b) the kids were able to stand in line at the Purser's and load (say $50) on their SPECIFIC card as a cash balance for things they wanted. That was the total of what each of them spent.

This was nice for us since it was truly their issue as to budgeting, etc. and we didn't have to worry about it.

This next cruise will be different: each of our kids is bringing a friend - so we'll have three cabins with 6 teenagers (only 3 ours). We WANT to do the same thing we did on RCCL (above) - the 6 kids won't have real charging privileges on their sign and sail cards but will, if they want, be able to put cash on THEIR SPECIFIC card with the Purser. Can they do it on CCL? We've just never tried it. It will make our (adult) lives much simpler as I'll have one couple who will want to go to steakhouse, one will want foo foo drinks, etc. - and I just don't want to deal with it/worrying about monitoring 6 additional sign and sail activities.

Anyone done it/sure we can??

I took my nephew on a cruise. I was able to set it up so that he could charge up to $50. Once he hit the limit, it would not let him charge. I set it up at guest services. I have heard you can also set it up at the kiosks. You can set a total amount or a daily amount.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We are taking our 11th cruise with our three kids - 18,16,14 - Historically, on both CCL and RCCL, we didn't allow our kids to have charging privileges on their sign and sail. It was never a problem - if they wanted something extra, they asked and we gave. We didn't have to stress about their mistaken charges, etc. that way.

Last cruise was on RCCL and we did two things: a) as we had before, they did NOT have charging privileges to our master account but b) the kids were able to stand in line at the Purser's and load (say $50) on their SPECIFIC card as a cash balance for things they wanted. That was the total of what each of them spent.

This was nice for us since it was truly their issue as to budgeting, etc. and we didn't have to worry about it.

This next cruise will be different: each of our kids is bringing a friend - so we'll have three cabins with 6 teenagers (only 3 ours). We WANT to do the same thing we did on RCCL (above) - the 6 kids won't have real charging privileges on their sign and sail cards but will, if they want, be able to put cash on THEIR SPECIFIC card with the Purser. Can they do it on CCL? We've just never tried it. It will make our (adult) lives much simpler as I'll have one couple who will want to go to steakhouse, one will want foo foo drinks, etc. - and I just don't want to deal with it/worrying about monitoring 6 additional sign and sail activities.

Anyone done it/sure we can??

Sure you can.

Since each person has his/her own S&S account, any cash amount can be put on any account.