Duncan and Sean Tours St. Thomas

sandyrocks

Has anyone heard of or used Duncan & Sean Tour and Taxi Service in St. Thomas? We're arriving in July and were looking for a tour to include Magens Bay and they seem very reasonable but can't find any reviews. If not can anyone recommend any other tour companies? Thanks

I have friends that know them and highly recommend them, but I don't think Duncan and Sean are tech savvy enough to have websites, reviews, etc.

They have been offering tours for at least 15 years, so you should feel comfortable in booking with them.

Sean and Duncan most definitely have a website. http://vitours.info/about.html

Sean and Duncan are son/father and are a great team! Used them both last year when our group of 32 needed transport to Sapphire Marina for a day sail. Using them again this year (in about 10 days!) for a private tour to Magen's Bay. You will mostly communicate with Sean who is very responsive to emails and will provide any info you need. Web site rates may be out of date - discuss with Sean. Since this year's group of 25 has set up a private tour, Sean has been great about catering to our requests and needs. Our first stop will be a grocery store to pick up stuff for a beach picnic! Can't say enough good things about these guys. Tell Sean Bruce sent you!

• 1 month later...

Thank you' so much for the info. I actually found them online and they sounded just what we are looking for so will get in touch with them now and get something booked. Bruce I will mention your name to them. Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...

We just had an island tour with Sean on March 15th. We arrived on the Explorer of the Seas. My friend had taken a tour in 2007 with dad (Duncan Donuts) and raved about it. I had called him about 2 weeks prior for the Island tour. I just wanted to make sure that we could take the tour with him. Not a private tour.

He met us punctually at 9:30 the appointed time. He picked up a few fares to downtown and then said lets go on the tour. Sean is gracious, well versed and gave a great tour. We were the only ones on the tour in a taxi that holds at least 16 . He never rushed our stops and we took 3hrs. The tour is listed as a 2hr tour. At three different stops others tourist scowled at us as they were crammed in their taxi's from the ships tour. I must commend Sean for never pushing to shorten the tour due to the fact that we were his only passengers.

If you just call directly you can set up your tour. their website does not really work well. You cannot book on the web.

I have been trying to contact them too. I sent an email through the "contact us" on their website but that was over a week ago and I still haven't received a reply, so must be because their site is faulty.

I am in the UK so an email address would be better for me to contact them!

Thanks!

340-998-6223 this number is NOT toll free as I just asked my cell phone provider but only 20 cents per minute so I will attempt to call in the next few days if I don't get a response by Monday.

Someone I was chatting online with on TripAdvisor said he just called him on his landline so the number works apparently but their website is a mess.

;-(

Glad you got hold of them and are sorted. They sound amazing and we are looking forward to taking a tour with them! :)

Which tour have you signed up to do ?

Also will be interested to hear how the tour went for you, we are not there till mid December.

• 5 months later...

It was a disaster!!!! As per the confirmation email we had arranged to meet him at the pier at 9am, we got there at 8.45am and no sign of him, when it came to 9.15am I spoke with one of the other tour operators and he told me that he if Duncan said he would be here then he would come and that he was probably running late!!! By 9.35am still no sign and I went over to this very helpful guide once again and you could see he really felt sorry for us so he got in touch with a friend who had Duncan's phone number, once he got it he phoned Duncan only to be told that he was sorry that his trucks had broken down!!!! I have to say that he could have got a message to us via loads of people at the pier and also I don't know that I believe that story!! Anyway this guide then took us over to another company and we did the same tour for the same price and we had a wonderful day, we did a lovely tour of the island with some stops for shopping, we had the option of spending some time at Magens Bay but time was against us as we lost an hour at the pier waiting for duncan!!! So we went to a high viewpoint which looked down on the bay and then we got dropped of in the centre of St. Thomas instead and had a look around and then walked back to the ship!

The company we ended up going with was Sunny Liston Tours and they were really good, a very informative guide and clean vehicles, I would book with them again and avoid Duncan and Sean!!! Hope you have a good trip!