Liberty of the Seas 4 night cruise to Cozumel

We just returned from a 4 night cruise on the Liberty of the Seas. We have cruised on RC as well as Princess, Celebrity and Carnival; we have cruised a total of 30 times. The LOS is a beautiful ship that is in great condition. To list the good and the bad:

Good: As mentioned the ship is beautiful! We saw for the first time the pool attendants removing towels, as well as personal items, from pool chairs if people were not there. The people who had their items removed were not happy but I think the majority of people felt it was a great idea to enforce this rule. The staff in the Windjammer were more attentive than we have ever seen in a buffet. We felt disembarking was very organized. We saw passengers trying to "cut" in line and we witnessed RC staff telling them they had to go to the back of the line.

Bad: The food in the main dining room was not very good. The entertainment they had was good there just wasn't enough of it. For a cruise with that many passengers I was really surprised there were not more options. I think the only location that had a band was a few times around the pool as well as in the latin club. There were 2 movies shown 1 night each; I have no idea why RC doesn't show movies every night.

Overall this was a very relaxing cruise that we very much enjoyed.

We just returned from a 4 night cruise on the Liberty of the Seas. We have cruised on RC as well as Princess, Celebrity and Carnival; we have cruised a total of 30 times. The LOS is a beautiful ship that is in great condition. To list the good and the bad:

Good: As mentioned the ship is beautiful! We saw for the first time the pool attendants removing towels, as well as personal items, from pool chairs if people were not there. The people who had their items removed were not happy but I think the majority of people felt it was a great idea to enforce this rule. The staff in the Windjammer were more attentive than we have ever seen in a buffet. We felt disembarking was very organized. We saw passengers trying to "cut" in line and we witnessed RC staff telling them they had to go to the back of the line.

Bad: The food in the main dining room was not very good. The entertainment they had was good there just wasn't enough of it. For a cruise with that many passengers I was really surprised there were not more options. I think the only location that had a band was a few times around the pool as well as in the latin club. There were 2 movies shown 1 night each; I have no idea why RC doesn't show movies every night.

I wish I had seen the pool attendants removing towels. I only saw them handing out multiple towels and just standing around watching Chair Hogs reserve entire rows of chairs.

Hi,

Do you have the cruise compass from your cruise?

Can you tell us what are the shows schedule of the 4 nights cruise?

thanks!

What type of entertainment were you looking for, poolside bands? We did not see many pool side bands, but we were just on the 5 night itinerary during the SuperBowl which had shows every night. The Ice Show, Saturday Night Fever, "Up In The Air" show, a solo performance singer comedian show, etc. There we parades in the Promenade. A disco show in the Promenade. The Catacombes night club. We were always busy!:D

I'm looking for scheduale of the main shows like Ice Show and Saterday night fever.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Saturday Night Fever (1 1/2 hrs long) was on our last night of the 5 day itinerary (7 and 9:30pm). The Up In The Air show was moved to the next night because of rough seas; we instead saw the solo performer who was scheduled for the following night. The Ice shows were shown on two different nights. On day 4 there was a 7 and 9pm Ice performance. I believe that the other day the Ice shows were earlier like 3 and 5pm. We made reservations for the Ice Show, but no one checked us as we entered.

I'm looking for scheduale of the main shows like Ice Show and Saterday night fever.

Thanks

This is an old schedule from last year:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtimes_LB.pdf

It might give you an idea of the show schedule. Unfortunately, there's nothing more recent on Royal's website.

This is an old schedule from last year:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtimes_LB.pdf

It might give you an idea of the show schedule. Unfortunately, there's nothing more recent on Royal's website.

Thank you,

I'm looking for the cruise compass from the recent 4 night cruises.

Edited by shay869

I was on the 6 night two weeks ago. Just the opposite Good and Bad for me. Never saw pool attendants remove anything from obviously saved lounges. Disembarkment was a nightmare. The Comic (forget his name) and Tony Tillman, entertainer were two of the best I've seen on any of my cruises. We also closed down the house at the Schooner with David Curtis - so good and entertaining. There were plenty of entertainment at the pub, Olive or Twist had a country night (although Bulgarian band - pretty odd), and the DJ was very good, also danced to the wee hours in the Catacombs.

Agree the WJ staff were extremely attentive.

Thought the MDR food and service was unusually better than in the past. Some nights were better than others.

it is so funny how each cruse can be so different. On our trip in Jan we never saw any towels bring removed and saw plenty of frustrated wanna be sun bathers. In talking to some of the staff, there was a decent size change over in personnel. Many of them admitted that once they get to the end of their contracts, it gets hard to keep the same level of service. I can understand their point but feel bad for the pax that have to see that.

Our entertainment was great. Enjoyed the pub but the schooner was a little slow for us. The guy, can't remember the name but he had very curly hair, just would NOT sing a song. He kept just cutting up. Many enjoyed it, just not for me. I like good music and to sing along. To each his own right?? But he was pretty darn funny :)

My MDR meals were all good. Rare to have a Great meal in MDR but they were all good and as long as I am not cooking, that is good enough for me.

the ship still looks great and no matter, fun will be had !!! Happy Cruising