Shore excursion suggestions

dl803

Hi we are stopping in Port of Nassau from 7am to 2pm on 18 May 2014 and trying decide on best way to go about shore excursions. We are travelling with 3 children. We were considering doing the cruise organised shore excursion to Atlantis doing either the Discover Atlantis tour (just the Dig) or the Altantis Beach Day tour (the Dig plus the beach). I understand that cruise organised tours are dearer than if you were to do the tour on your own…… my question is that would we be able to do either of these tours on own own easily? Also my husband is interested in visiting the Pirate Museum….. is that any good and would we have time to do The Dig as well as the Museum. THANKS!

Thanks….. we would really like to see The Dig and the Pirate Museum. Would love to also do a brief sight seeing tour of the island but given the short time we are at Shore I believe there is not enough time. I can not see any tours that include both these places (definitely not the shore excursions offered by Royal Caribbean). Would it be easy and safe catch a taxi to these places?

Thanks….. we would really like to see The Dig and the Pirate Museum. Would love to also do a brief sight seeing tour of the island but given the short time we are at Shore I believe there is not enough time. I can not see any tours that include both these places (definitely not the shore excursions offered by Royal Caribbean). Would it be easy and safe catch a taxi to these places?

With your timeline.. it's going to be tight to due most anything.

I would catch a cab to Atlantis and do the DIGS ($45pp) then head back downtown. Pirates Museum is close to the port. A quick 5-8 minute walk.

Neither of these venues are very time consuming. You can get thru the DIGS in an hour, and pirates museum in 45 minutes or so.

Atlantis is on Paradise Island.. a 15 minute drive.. and is huge.. so you'll spend some time just navigating.