Adventure Disappointment

tiessa

Try $1188.45 solo with tips. I don't know if they are always full, I did check for a cabin for the next cruise the last day of my last Liberty cruise and they had a balcony I could have had???? That would be less than full....whatever!

Edited by dealer9296

Less than $100 for a week on RCL? Did Rhode Island legalize pot recently?

Also, dealer said he/she will be sailing solo. Single supplement?

Not yet they haven't but the bill to legalize it is in the works.

The original post seems to illustrate 3 things:

1) Just one subpar ship employee can make for disappointments on a cruise.

2) Perfection from all staff 100% of the time is highly unlikely.

3) Don't worry be happy (go with the flow - life is short).

Our two cruises on Adventure years apart had only positive memories and experiences. A cruise is what you make of it - pass on the little things that could be an annoyance and thrive on the fun, enjoyable, memorable things. In other words...only worrying about #2 and #3 above matte...with the right attitude.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

We recently returned from our first RCL AOS cruise and we enjoyed it. I thought the food was plentiful and good in the Windjammer (we mainly had breakfast there). The staff all over the ship seemed to always be busy working and adequate. Our food was decent in the main dining room, maybe not 5 star, but mostly an enjoyable dinner. Our bed was comfortable and our steward was a busy bee always working when we saw him, and he did a great job in our room. Unlike other comments, we liked the entertainment on AOS. I can't remember names exactly but we saw the Las Vegas Tenors and though the show seemed brief, they were really good. We loved sitting and listening to the guitar talents of Reggie nightly. He was so relaxing to hear after an active day. We also loved the reggae band (Positive Vibrations, I think). We were early birds, being so busy all week, so we didn't get to check everything out. What we saw, we liked. Since this was our first experience, we can't compare to other RCL ships, but we definitely want to go again in the future.

We went on the Grandeur of the Seas Cruise in late October 2013 (not the same as the Adventure of the Seas, of course)...your problems caused me to remember the drink station problems we had in the beginning...until we spent most of our time in the Park Cafe...then I just forgot about the problem because the Park Cafe was so great...we didn't order mixed drinks or beer very often during the day except at the Pool Bar so that wasn't something we could have evaluated properly. We did enjoy our cruise, however. :)

Edited by cruiseclues

Just off AOS, our 3rd time in fact. Weather was fantastic, not to mention the ship itself. Yes, there's some wear and tear to be found, but I would expect that on a ship of her age. You can't expect perfection, after all. The bed was a little firm for my taste, but I dealt with it (so happy to get back to my bed)! Service was very good I thought... Windjammer- we were always greeted by a staff member and they offered to get us drinks. Dining room- waiter and asst waiter went out of their way to make sure we were pleased. Never even met the head waiter though. I thought it was weird they placed two non speaking English Puerto Rican women at a table of 8. We dealt with it, but it was very odd. I had hard time believing there wasn't a better place to put them. Cabin steward- very good... Didn't see him much, but did a very nice job.

Sent from my iPad using Forums