Fuller's grocery near Cemetery Beach?

icydove

There is a Foster's Food Fair IGA grocery within walking distance of Cemetery Beach. They do have a restroom for their customers.

They have a hot deli food bar for a pay-by-the-pound lunch. Typically there are a couple island favorites like stewed chicken or Cayman Style beef among the entree selections.

I once had a landlady who would not accept rent in US$ cash. For every other transaction I have had no problem spending US currency in Cayman.

Change will be in CI$ currency with very few exceptions.

Major credit cards are widely accepted and going that route might limit how much CI$ change you take home.

I once had a landlady who would not accept rent in US$ cash. For every other transaction I have had no problem spending US currency in Cayman.

Change will be in CI$ currency with very few exceptions.

Major credit cards are widely accepted and going that route might limit how much CI$ change you take home.

Thanks, Drew. I thought that U S currency was widely accepted, but I wasn't sure about places like grocery stores that cater more to locals than tourists. We will be spending a week on Grand Cayman in May, not the usual few hours a cruise ship normally stops for.

We do plan to use credit cards for the larger purchases, but do the smaller ones in cash. If we end up with some change in Caymanian currency, I guess I'll just have to find some way to spend it before we leave.....or maybe that will be a good excuse to plan another trip! :D

Edited by perfect match

Thanks, Drew. I thought that U S currency was widely accepted, but I wasn't sure about places like grocery stores that cater more to locals than tourists. We will be spending a week on Grand Cayman in May, not the usual few hours a cruise ship normally stops for.

We do plan to use credit cards for the larger purchases, but do the smaller ones in cash. If we end up with some change in Caymanian currency, I guess I'll just have to find some way to spend it before we leave.....or maybe that will be a good excuse to plan another trip! :D

I used a leftover $1 CI bill as a bookmark. It wasn't long before I was back in the Caymans spending/getting new bookmarks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For stay-over guests ho are departing via the airport, you can leave your Caymanian currency change in a collection box for local charities. IIRC it is the National Council of Voluntary Organizations that collects and distributes donations to a variety of worthy causes. Look for collection boxes in the departures area at the airport.