Please Help with Cabin Selection on QE!!!

wangy26

This is our first time booking a cruise with QE (and Cunard). We will be going on June 20 (14 Days) Mediterranean cruise (Rome to Athens).

We are a family of four with two young adult daughters. With the recent cruise promotion of free two category upgrade (pay inside cabin and upgrade to balcony) we got two category CA cabins (balcony with partially obstructed view). However, it is only guaranteed cabin and no actual cabin is assigned at this point. I don't mind partially obstructed view that much. But I would really like to have our two cabins close to each other. I look at floor plan and see that all category CA cabins are located in the same section of deck 5. So there probably will be high chance that two cabins be close to each other. But our TA told us that guaranteed cabin means that they can assigned any balcony cabin (not just category CA) to us. So two cabins could be far away from each other. I want to know if this is the case. I also would like to know if there is anything that I can do to increase our chance to get two cabins being assigned close to each other.

I have another question for cabin selection. Two of our relatives would also like to go on this cruise with us. At this point they can get category BC balcony cabin (which is a little more than CA balcony). The available cabin at this point are following:

Deck 8, deck 7, deck 6, deck 5, deck 4, guaranteed balcony (BC) cabin only. No specific cabin can be selected. In addition to the guaranteed cabin there are also following cabins can be selected:

5020, 5025, 5034, 5038, 5040, 5043, 5046, 4043

Here are my questions:

Is it better to select a specific cabin that is available now or just pick a specific deck (if any deck is better than others) and let them assigned a cabin later?

If it is better to pick a specific cabin now which one would you recommend? Is there any difference for cabins on the left side or right side?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi you have discovered the same problem as a lot of people on pando have. If you book a guarantee fare, the cabins could be anywhere(same grade or higher than what you have paid for). They will be the ones that have not been booked by the people paying Cunard fare. There is nothing you can do to try and get them closer together. You may strike lucky and they are close, or you may not.

I think Cunard is the same as Pando (both carnival) If you book guarantee, you can book the grade and that is all. You cannot specify decks. Also what is showing available today, may not be there tomorrow.

If they want a particular cabin they will have to pay full fare,otherswise it is pot luck.

A few years ago, we took a 10-day cruise with our young-adult daughter and her boyfriend (now our son-in-law).

Our cabins were on different decks, but it was absolutely no problem to "find" each other. We "ran into" each other all over the ship--all of the time--and, of course, we had asked to be seated at the same table for dinner.

The cabin's phone has a message feature, so you can leave messages. Notes can be leave at each other's doors.

There are so many lovely public areas where you can meet and socialize, there really isn't a reason you must go into each other's rooms.

Just be sure to tell Cunard to link your bookings so you will be seated together for dinner. You all will have a great time!

Parts of deck 8 may be noisy since they are below a public deck. I can attest to the fact that where the forward and mid-ship parts of deck 7 are, is very quiet. I chose my stateroom so I would be close to the lifts/stairs and the laundrette.