Cosol tours st lucia

We were hoping to do a Cosol tour of the island but have been advised by email that they depart at 9.30am and as the Dream does not get into port until 9am this does not now look possible. I know others on this forum have taken a Cosol tour .... perhaps you docked earlier? :confused::confused:

We were hoping to do a Cosol tour of the island but have been advised by email that they depart at 9.30am and as the Dream does not get into port until 9am this does not now look possible. I know others on this forum have taken a Cosol tour .... perhaps you docked earlier? :confused::confused:

If it says the ship is in port at 9 that usually indicates the time you would be able to get off the ship. The ship's own trips often have departure times just 15 minutes after the so-called arrival time. Are there other ships in port too? The tour companies will generally tailor their times to suit the ships' schedules. If other ships also arrive at 9 you can be fairly certain they will be waiting for people to get off. Try emailing Cosol though and ask him the question. As you don't have to pay until the day you aren't in any danger of losing your money. When we went with him he was waiting dockside as we got off the ship. Hope it works for you - it's a great day out . :)

I booked with Cosol just the other day and advised him that the estimated time of us docking was 9.00am. He replied

We will be meeting at 9:20am and leaving at 9:30am. As soon as you get off the ship you walk into the building right in front of you, and look for the sign "COSOL TOURS".

There will be more people going with him but I don't think he will go without us. After all, we don't pay him until we return to the ship.

When do you go Jo Lou?

We leave on Sunday for a 2 week cruise ...hooray! St Lucia is one of our 2nd week stops.. Also emailed cosol & had same response as you ...that was when I checked what time we arrived in port. Will email to advise & hopefully timings will work! When are you cruising? :):)

We leave on Sunday for a 2 week cruise ...hooray! St Lucia is one of our 2nd week stops.. Also emailed cosol & had same response as you ...that was when I checked what time we arrived in port. Will email to advise & hopefully timings will work! When are you cruising? :):)

We go 23rd February, so Cosol tour is our first week. Will look out for you. :). There are 4 of us on a girlie holiday.

Hi Jakannel

Last time I looked .... there was a response saying there was a possibility we might dock in another area away from the main port area and to ask if we could be picked up from that area (if appropriate) .... but that message has now disappeared. Have you any recollections??

yep that was my post...its disappeared....dream has been docking at the careenage dock recently and not at the pointe seraphine cruise terminal…. where the other ships dock

it may be wise to check with cosul that he will be picking up from the careenage if the dream does dock there? or will you have to make your way over to pointe seraphine?

Many thanks for that ... the site went down before I had chance to do anything and then when it came back it had disappeared. Have you by any chance visited Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire and if so did you do any trips / or beach. These islands are new to us!

Many thanks for that ... the site went down before I had chance to do anything and then when it came back it had disappeared. Have you by any chance visited Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire and if so did you do any trips / or beach. These islands are new to us!

I walked round Oranjestad on Aruba and went to Wilhelmina Park where there were Iguanas feeding by the shore. On the way back to the ship we passed a complex which appeared to have a lagoon area with sand all around it, and there were beds out. I paddled through the lovely water all the way round, and it looked a great place to swim. Don't know if it was public or chargeable. No-one questioned me going through it.

On Bonaire we did the Palm Beach Snorkel tour which went in an old bus. The beach wasn't far from the ship. The beach and loungers were good, and the bar had excellent rum punch. The snorkel trip was fantastic too. I was able to use the washrooms to get changed after swimming.

In Curacao we walked round the town and found a bar with free wifi. The pontoon bridge was good to watch opening to let some boats through.

Enjoyed all 3 islands which were very different to the usual islands on the Caribbean cruise.

Hi Jakannel

Last time I looked .... there was a response saying there was a possibility we might dock in another area away from the main port area and to ask if we could be picked up from that area (if appropriate) .... but that message has now disappeared. Have you any recollections??

Yes I have it on my list of jobs to do, but as you say it disappeared and I couldn't remember the names of the docks. Will get around to it tomorrow....that is send an email asking if he will be picking us up wherever Dream docks. I would think he will check though.

yep that was my post...its disappeared....dream has been docking at the careenage dock recently and not at the pointe seraphine cruise terminal…. where the other ships dock

it may be wise to check with cosul that he will be picking up from the careenage if the dream does dock there? or will you have to make your way over to pointe seraphine?

Thanks Geo. I will email Cosol tomorrow.

curacau: very easy to get the local bus (bus stop in town over the swing bridge and behind the big market building) to the sea aquarium or mambo beach (next the sea aquarium) $2 pp taxi about $20, admission to sea aquarium is about $20pp which includes the dolphin enclosure, $3 for admission to the beach or the town is very easy to walk around lots of shops/coffee shops/diamond shops etc

aruba: same, v easy to get the local busses to the hotel strip & beaches, bus stop opposite the port gates or local operators will fill up their safari busses on the dock for an island tour or to the beach, again town very easy to walk, some market stalls & lots of shops/coffee shops...can recommend iguana joes for lunch or a margarita...up some steps above the shops in the centre of town near the ship...nice balcony to watch the world go by

bonaire: local operators on the dock selling snorkelling trips and island tours, not much to see in town....v small

hope this helps

Enjoy your first week! :):):). See you in St Lucia.

One of the best tours we have been on off a cruise is on Aruba with a company called Trikes Aruba ( it was so much fun) and as long as you can drive a manual car, whatever your age, you will have the best time and see all the places to see in Aruba. See TripAdvisor for reviews. We were given a place to meet them close to the terminal and then each driver was given a lesson on how to drive them. Can't say how great this tour is and if we have a cruise stop there again wouldn't hesitate to do it again