MSC Divina 03.22.2014

fp60

• 1 month later...
I cannot wait to hear what you think!!!

Wow!!! Someone responded! Lol

We will have a blast! The ship is beautiful and the food is fantastic...

Can't wait for the coffee :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We sail October 18th...I know you will have a blast!!!

Awesome!!! Let me know of you need any info on the ship...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The ship is beautiful and the food is fantastic...

The ship is beautiful, but who told you the food is fantastic? :confused: That was not my experience.

Can't wait for the coffee :)

That only goes for the coffee you pay extra for, the stuff you get in the dining room and buffet is pretty awful.

Edited by Boytjie

The ship is beautiful, but who told you the food is fantastic? :confused: That was not my experience.

What was your experience that made it so bad? When I was on her for a private tour the food was very good. I was served one item from each course. The salad was fresh and crisp. Shrimp cocktail was the largest I have had on any ship. The filet mignon was cooked to my taste and could almost cut it with my fork. The pasta was first rate along with the home made sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese and topped off with fresh basil. The bread was freshly baked and warm. The dessert was very good as well. The plate had handmade cannoli, tiramisu, a scoop of homemade gelato that was to die for and the pans cotta was sweet!:D

That only goes for the coffee you pay extra for, the stuff you get in the dining room and buffet is pretty awful.

Again, what was pretty awful with the coffee that you had?

The coffee that was served in the MDR was very good when I had it. Freshly brewed, hot and pretty close to what I would drink when I was in Italy. The speciality coffee was right on the money. Rich in flavor, hot and frothy as I would expect in a good demi-cup of Italian espresso.:cool:

Again, what was pretty awful with the coffee that you had?

The coffee that was served in the MDR was very good when I had it. Freshly brewed, hot and pretty close to what I would drink when I was in Italy. The speciality coffee was right on the money. Rich in flavor, hot and frothy as I would expect in a good demi-cup of Italian espresso.:cool:

The coffee served in the dining room seemed to be similar to what was served in the Lido. The Lido coffee was the worst I have had on any cruise. After the first day we used our beverage package coupons to buy coffee rather than drink the Lido coffee. (On our charter there were no unlimited beverage packages, we were able to buy packages that had 105 vouchers - 15 per day) The specialty coffee was good.

I am not particularly snobbish about coffee: Starbucks is not high on my list and Holland America's buffet coffee is quite OK for me.

Edited by Boytjie